Comments on Sketchup

You misspelled 'large ass'. {ducking}

RicodJour

Big Al still wouldn't know the back end of a database or GUI if _you_ bit him in the ass.

No affront .. just amazed how inadvertently hitting the space bar when actually trying to help someone by loading/naming a couple of files on a remote web server, and then trying to insure a valid url, can inspire such eloquence around here. :D

Reply to
Swingman

Real thoughtful contribution to the thread ...

Reply to
Swingman

If you are going to turn the file over to a customer for review, formal, the way Swingman does it is good. For your own personal use the spread it out methods works providing it does not get too complicated.

Now I do draw the details! This way my import export program knows what size the pieces need to be over all. But I know the details and don't necessarily need to explode and blow them up for my own referencing.

Reply to
Leon

And here's the finished product built from the Sketchup file:

Swingman

great work. I love simplicity, straight lines, and sharp corners. The Shakers would be proud. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yep, beautiful work...you could put those bases under anything and it would look good!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

great work. I love simplicity, straight lines, and sharp corners.

Thanks, Mike ... yes, I'm a fan of simplicity myself. These are simplicity in style, and in construction, and exactly what the client wanted.

And since she had a hand in the design via SU, there will be no surprises when I drive them up to Austin tomorrow. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Looks great Swing. SU earns its keep doing things this way, huh? Did I tell you that Vectorworks imports SU files?

Reply to
Robatoy

That means I can cut fancypants wigglyboos on my cnc from SU.

Reply to
Robatoy

There's a guy on the sketchucation named charly2008 using a SU plugin called Curviloft to do the basic SU drawings for some amazing renderings.

Reply to
Swingman