building a router table for a craftsman router

I have an old craftsman router which I never used much because I didn't have a table. I would like to build one but where can I get the parts to build one, i.e. the plate. Are there generic kits or do I need one from craftsman, hopefully not.

thanks for your help

john

Reply to
coltrane

You can make the table, the fence and even the insert plate.

insert plates are made of fibrous cement board, phenolic cheeseboards from aircraft galley trays, and (best of all) electrical switchgear insulating board. I have some sort of aversion to ever buying router equipment (must be after wasting all that money on the Incra fence).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Some plates are pre-drilled for a few of the more popular routers. You can buy a blank and drill your own. Some have a template for the more popular models. Any good woodworking supply store will have them or places like

carry the Benchdog line. If you have access to aluminum plate, you can make your own.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I used 1/4" hardboard for mine, and it works great. Just take the plastic plate off the bottom of the router to mark the where the holes need to be.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

thanks all,

I found an inexpensive table that will work with my router.

I guess this counts as a way

thanks again

john

Reply to