how can i mount dewalt router to craftsman table saw?

I have a craftsman professional table saw, with a router table attachment, model #22210. The router is a Dewalt DW616. The problem I am having is not that the holes on the bottom of the Dewalt do not line up properly with the matching holes on the table saw. The problem is that there ARE NO holes on the bottom of the router!

Does Dewalt make a special base just for use with router tables or did I just buy the wrong router, or are you guys all voiding your warranties and just drilling holes in the base of your routers?

Reply to
chris

I am not familiar with your Dewalt router. Speaking from experience (about

10 years ago) when my craftsman router died, I did not like what sears had to offer. I found out that the holes in their aluminum router table (small one that sat on a table) were made to only line up with craftsman routers. I built my own router table to go with my Bosh router, and salvaged the fence for my new table.
Reply to
Frank J. Vitale

Have you removed any base plate from the router? If yes and there are still no holes, are there bosses where it looks like holes could/should be? Is it possible you got a router base that somehow missed the drill & tap at the factory. Does DeWalt require a different router base for table mounting?

Just some thoughts -

Reply to
Erik

I drilled some holes into my router base and attached the base to the router table. That voids the DeWalt warranty? As long as your problem (the one that falls under the warranty) was not caused by the holes in the base, I can't see how they can contest it. At worst, you would have to buy a new base before submitting your warranty claim.

However, I looked at the "router table" that came with the craftsman saw when I was in the TS market a couple months ago, and decided the table wasn't worth using. Think about that before you drill your router base.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

Yep, got one of those myself as a gift (used). None of my routers fit it either. Besides, I built a small extension table for my TS and use that as my router table. Just tonight I pulled that Sears table out from way back in the corner. A buddy of mine at work has an old Craftsman router and no router table. He gets a gift (used) tomorrow.

Replies need to put RP in front of the number on my email in an effort to cut down on spam.

Roy Parker

Reply to
Roy

My Ryobi does not have any holes either. To attach it to a table it has four L shaped clamps that hook over the base and hold it onto the base plate. Works very well. If you are interested I could e-mail a jpeg of the clamps. Ken in NS

Reply to
ken

I built a router table, and the only router I had at the time was a Craftsman 1/4". Later I got a DeWalt 621 and modified the table to fit the DW621. I suggest you look at modifying the table to fit the new router, not the other way around.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde