Browser-based alternatives to ABPW

Hello,

I thought that the following links might be helpful to those of us who can no longer access the ABPW newsgroup.

is supposed to be a free place to post pictures of woodworking projects.

may allow us to see pictures posted by those who still have access to ABPW. There are some recent pictures there, but I'm not certain how current it will remain. If some of us can't post to ABPW, then it probably won't be of much use.

is a site that reposts ABPW posts, but I think that we'll have to wait and see if it will continue to do so. The owner may have lost his access to ABPW too. It states that support for the site is based upon visiting its advertisers, so I don't think that our visiting it should cause any server overload problems. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize in advance. Let's make sure to respect any conditions that the site requires.

The usual disclaimers apply. I have no affiliation or agenda, other than wanting to share woodworking related discussions and photos. And yes, I posted this to two newsgroups, so that more people might learn about the links. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I hope that others find this helpful and that the knowledge and skill previously shown in ABPW can continue to inspire newbies or wannabes like myself.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

I'm comfortable with flickr.com

Max

You do know rec.woodworking is available in Google groups? You don't even need a gmail account. Any email will do.

Reply to
Casper

rec.woodworking is, but ABPW (Alt.Binaries.Photos.Woodworking) is not.

Reply to
J. Clarke

And may I remind you that rec.woodworking does not accept pictures.

Reply to
Leon

I must have missed something.... What happened to ABPW?

Reply to
speedbuggy