Upon visiting this particular panel, I came upon a sorry sight.
I can only assume that this was the originally intended configuration.
You can see an old ground clamp on the rod and partially burried in the
dirt. It must have been put on before the rod was driven because the
head was so mushroomed out that I had to cut it off before I could get a new
clamp on. Apparently, they just never bothered to finish the job, and the
wire wasn't bent or scored in such a way to suggest that it was ever
properly attached to anything.
My monitor size is irrelevant. This image is straight from my camera.
Get a better browser, or learn to use your current one.
Here's a few vocabulary words for you.
This browser will automatically resize large resolution images by
default. Double-clicking on an image allows you to toggle between the full
and resized images.
This service allows you to search for information, such as how to
configure Microsoft's default web browser to automatically resize large
resolution images that are larger than your desktop resolution.
Glad to see you caught this dangerous problem and corrected it.
I wonder how the initial job got a pass from the electrical inspector.
Smitty, if you come to a post and find the picture is causing you
great distress, please move on, we'll just have to do without your
on that particular issue..........or you can figure out how to view
on your computer. Came up perfectly on mine. I suspect that
complain about the image, angle, light quality, weather etc are also
possibilities for you.
lol After looking them up on Wikipedia, I'll have to check out their
Unfortunately, I'm quite a way from Canada.
Here's another head scratcher from the same house. See if you can spot the
problem with the support strategy where these two floor beams meet at
the center of the room.
I didn't save the link, but every so often somebody posts on here the
URL for a web site run by some house inspection trade group, that has
dozens of horror pictures like that. I've seen plenty of (usually
owner-installed) fubars like that over the years, including several in
this house. While visiting my sister and BIL, I have walked him through
stuff like that, showing how to fix stuff so it was somewhere close to
code-compliant, and at least a lot safer than what the found condition
was. He never could quite grasp why J-boxes needed to be accessible, and
not buried in a wall. (And this is a well educated college professor in
a science field.)
At least what you posted was a trivial fix, assuming there was any slack
in the wires. (a pet peeve of mine is romex runs so tight you can strum
nice. i find those all the time in our quest to remodel rentals. It's
amazing. it takes me about 15 minutes to correct, so it couldn't have
taken more than about 30 seconds to do it right the first time.
remove the "not" from my address to email
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.