What happened to wood-workers.com?

Subject says it all. All the nice information is gone. Anyone knows what happened? Charlie?

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

I tried for example:

got a HTTP 404 error. The main site
says wood-workers.com coming soon! This page is parked FREE at GoDaddy.com! and shows only infos about homepage building, domain and provider related stuff.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

I'm still getting the same. Can anyone explain this behavior?

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

Charlie,

Clean out your cache then try it and you'll see - it's broke.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Yes, but that's a completely different site.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

The domain name is still resolving ... and the expiration date at rs.internic.net, is 16 Jan 2005, not 2004. You might of caught it before this morning's zone level update.

The only thing for sure at this point is that there is change in the air for wood-workers.com.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks for covering my back! At least we know the domain name is alive for a year!!! We'll see what happens.

Swingman, I enjoyed looking at your site. Beautiful job on the kitchen cabinets. I'm thinking of doing my own cabinets when we build the next house. I'm sure it was a bit of labor, but what better reward than to see your work every day! When I showed my wife the cost savings you spoke about, her eyes lit up. Money saved somewhere is money spent somewhere else to her!! :)

Thanks for the inspiration! GSX

Reply to
GSX

I empty my cache before each session and I got to the home page and from their to the users list last night when I posted that it was working for me. Now I get the 404 message when I try to get to my home page. Maybe Jason has moved on, may be changing services OR someone's hijacked access to the site and is redirecting users. That has happened before. Usually is discovered and fixed if the sys op is paying attention.

Regardless, Jason provided a great service to a lot of woodworkers for quite a while and a lot of useful information (and an opportunity for many to show off :) ) for a lot of people - FOR FREE. And the 5 meg space was flexible - my stuff was easily 15 megs. So Jason - however this turns out - thanks for all you did for us.

charlie b

(god, i hope i don't have to move my "site" to comcast)

Reply to
charlie b

Not only a great service, but I was one of those early ones that won a set of chisels with the door prize. I still have 20 or so megs left on Mediacom but I don't want to move either. It will take months for the Google engine to recognize my new location if I have to move. I've backed up everything, however.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

You're most welcome! Thanks for the kind words ... I guarantee you, if I can, you can. When you get to the point that you need some questions answered, fire away.

Reply to
Swingman

Anybody have experience with GoDaddy.com? It looks like a pretty inexpensive host.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

I have had 4 domains parked there for a couple years. Someday I'm going to do something with them....

IIRC the founder is Bob Parsons, who put out some early PC software. (QuickVerse?)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Mark Jerde responds:

I've got a couple domains parked at Godaddy. Tried to set up my web site, but never was able to with their programs. It was probably my fault, but it was rough to get them to stop billing a monthly site charge for a site that didn't exist.

Bob Parsons used to produce a fantastic little bookkeeping program called Moneycounts, plus a couple others. I used Moneycounts until this year for over a decade. Now, it doesn't want to install, so I guess I'll have to find another. But he sold out to Intuit, IIRC, and they turned Moneycounts into some kind of church attendance or similar program.

Charlie Self "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

Charlie Self