Best Rated threads in Woodworking Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Base cabinet for front-load washer?
I will be remodeling my laundry room shortly and will be getting a front loading washer. Given the condition of my back, I am thinking about putting it (and the dryer) on a base cabinet to raise it up...
34
34

Spraying Latex with HVLP
I have a Graco 3 stage HVLP. Love it for shellac, lacquer, poly, dye, etc. I bought a bigger tip. I have a 2qt pot that takes pressure from my compressor then a material line out to a gun which has...
23
23

Re: Jute Chinking - Oakum source...
For anyone curious or interested, oakum jute for caulking is still available...
5
5

Are the Amish Known for Their Pocket Holes? :-)
We were in a cabinet store, just looking for ideas. There was a great lacking in craftsmanship, even in their high end line, especially in the box construction. There was not a drop of glue to be seen...
15
15

JB Weld
I picked up a an old carpenters toolbox recently from a Craigslist post because I saw a plane and a few braces in the picture. Nothing much to speak of but there was a low angle block plane with a...
39
39

Drill Press with Wheel instead of 3 handles
On every drill press I've seen and used, the drill head has been moved up and down by a 3 handled spindle. Moving it up and down large distances requires the use of two hands, one to keep the head...
27
27

Trying to square a 4x4 piece of hard maple
I am making a kitchen island that will have 3.5" square legs made from maple. I bought 2 pieces of 16/4 hard maple about 8.5" wide and ripped each one in half leaving me 4 rough ~4x4 pieces about 4...
32
32

Ryobi Planer - AP 10
I have come across a new in the box planer from 1985 that has never been opened. I am wondering if not having been run all these years could be an issue. Any other info on the planer would be helpful.
28
28

Removing sanding sleeves
I recently purchased a PC oscillating drum sander. Works well. I am not sure about method(s) of removing the sleeves from the drum without damaging the rubber on the drum. I am sure someone out there...
14
14

Brushes on Orbital Sander Craftsman
Is there any rule of thumb for replacing the brushes on orbital sanders? I mean what are the settings if any. Thanks.
5
5

Slightly OT: Playground Border
RE: Subject SFWIW: The complex where I live installed a playground about 4 years ago which includes a swing set and a slide. They surrounded the play area after scraping away the grass with a 5 ft...
36
36

New Titebond datecode
Titebond has apparently changed their datecode coding as it no longer follows the YMxxxx format. I just bought a quart of TBII and the code is A911190052. Googling didn't help and the TB website has...
3
3

Lap joint on end of 2x4?
The proper answer is 'buy or borrow a table saw with a dado blade'. However, I don't want to. I want to use my plunge router to place a 3-1/2" square lap joint about 3/4" deep on the ends of several...
102
102

Quiet, lightweight upholstery electric staple gun
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:22:59 GMT, the infamous Robert Montgomery scrawled the following: Well, for 3/8" x 3/8" staples into softwood, you might be OK with an electric, but as you said, they're...
75
75

low power drilling
Yeah, right ...
81
81

Cleaning 'real' knotty pine paneling
While visiting my sister-in-law in Suffolk, Va. a couple years ago, she asked if I knew of a good way to clean or brighten up the paneling in her kitchen and dining room. It just looked too darned...
42
42

97524 Harbor Freight 2-in-1 18ga nailer / stapler
Well.. guess I'll pull it out of the box (no case with mine) and fire a few rounds of staples that I bought. Since I have the PC 2" brad nailer -- and don't ever recall a jam, I'll just test out the...
14
14

Re: Workmate Mods
The rest of the book is pretty good, too. Almost a little too informative -- deciding which features to include in the "perfect" bench is daunting, though there are some nice measured drawings in the...
11
11

Cutting a big curve on my bandsaw
I have recently done some posting about the Grizzly G0555 bandsaw I have recently purchased. I am nearly finished setting up my bandsaw. My first project will be to cut a curved headboard. I will glue...
17
17

[SOLVED] Drilling Granite counter top
I am planning to install a dispenser for Brandy in our kitchen. The spigot will be a very typical sink-type spigot from HD or Lowe's that mounts through the counter top with a 1/2" hole. I have the...
8
8