Best Rated threads in Woodworking Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

piano hinge
aka continuous hinge looking at some designs online and all seem to use piano hinges for cabinets where the doors do double duty for storage they all use piano hinges is it just more strength because...
4
4

How to adjust drawer slides
I just finished a workshop cabinet with drawers, well, almost finished. An= yway the problem is the drawers are crooked and I can't figure out how to g= et them straight. When you look at them from...
9
9

Is there a Tool Opposite of Vice (Separator)?
Is there a tool, what is it called, that works the opposite of a vice. Something to put between two boards and apply some force outward to help separate them. I am thinking of space distances of a few...
34
34

Paslode Impulse Problems
I just bought a used Paslode Impulse framing nailer. It did work when I received it last week. But, now when I try to use it does not fire. The fuel cell cycles, the fan runs when I squeeze the...
5
5

Butt vs. Miter joints for paneling corners
I am planning on paneling a small entry hall with 1/4" oak veneer plywood paneling (up to a height of 4 or 5 ft). Since the area is small, I am just going to use the flat panelling with a chair rail...
9
9

Best tool for leveling uneven glue joints?
Assume the panel has been milled to final thickness, but in the middle there's a little dip at one of the glue joints, leaving a 1/16" ridge about a foot long. Wood is white oak. Ignoring sandpaper,...
13
13

Sparks?
Yes, they do that and its normal. I believe it is caused by the violent separation of the nail from the thin wire that hold the nails together. Also, make sure you place a few drops of oil down the...
5
5

Unisaw Bullet motor problem. Need help
I have an older Unisaw with a 1 hp Bullet motor. It started acting up today. When I turn it on, it runs at reduced speed for about 10 seconds, then kicks in to hi speed. Sometines when it is turned on...
15
15

Minwax PolyShades, Can't I change the color?
Hello, I recently built a coffee table made of solid pine. I put one coat of Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner, and three coats of Minwax PolyShades Bombay Mahogany 380/480. My issue is that the color...
10
10

Warped chessboard
Hello I have an old chessboard. I think part of it is veneer, plywood and the chess squares are inserted wooden pieces. The board is foldable- the "hinge" I think is a leather sleeve, and the backing...
5
5

Wood filler for mesquite
I have built a 45" x 84" dining table out of random length mesquite. Mesquite has cracks, crevices, knotholes, pits, splits and just about every other cosmetic flaw. I need to fill them with...
14
14

Delta Model 32 Radial Drill Press?
I can't seem to find much info on this machine. Right now I can't envision the need to drill to the center of 32" stock, but if it does other DP tasks well I guess "more is better"...right? Any...
3
3

Craftsman Router Repair
I have a Craftsman router, Model #315.175110. The Depth Adjustment Ring is frozen and I can not raise or lower my cutters. Any suggestions on how I can free up the ring so I can use the router?...
6
6

Delta X5 Shaper Spindle Sizes
Hello, I own a Delta shaper model 43-495X (3 HP, X5). Delta claims the maximum spindle size available for this tool is 1 inch (I submitted a question and they sent me a tech support email stating...
13
13

General International Contractors Saw Alignment
I am having trouble aligning my General Saw. I have a PALS adjustment system and a dial indicator - I can not move the rear trunnion enough to bring the blade in alignment. Any suggestions?
2
2

unisaw table alignment
I have unisaw that I can't seem to get into alignment. When I loosen or remove the trunnions and push the back of the table to the far right and the front of the table to the far left I get close to...
15
15

is Brazilian Cherry food Safe?
I'm looking at making some cutting boards I'm using Maple and and thought Cherry would look nice, but the cheepest I can find it is $6.75 bf, but they have Brazilian Cherry at 3.40bf, is Brazilian...
7
7

how to clamp railing miter joint
I'm about to attach a stair railing to the wall. It's 12 feet long and has a circular cross section except for a flat bit along the bottom where it attaches to the brackets. I was thinking of cutting...
4
4

Ryobi 12-5/16 (AP-12) Planer Blades
My old Ryobi AP-12 surface planer is doing fine but showing signs of needing blade replacement and I'm getting nervous. Previously I have paid $20 to $25 for a set of blades at various home and tool...
2
2

Info on Rockwell/Beaver 48.600 jointer.
Hi, I have the chance to pick up one of these Jointers for $110. I tested the jointer out and it worked well. Anyone have this jointer? Comments? thanks Alex