Best Rated threads in Woodworking Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cedar chest seal (2023 Update)
Looking for material to seal the lid of a cedar chest. (Like weatherstripping). Did the google search and rec search to no avail. I know I have seen a product for this specific purpose but can't seem...
6
6

how can i mount dewalt router to craftsman table saw?
Yep, got one of those myself as a gift (used). None of my routers fit it either. Besides, I built a small extension table for my TS and use that as my router table. Just tonight I pulled that Sears...
6
6

Log Loading Ramp for trailer??
Question: Has anyone seen a good design for a "log loading ramp" to go on the back of a trailer, when winching good sized logs out in the woods?? I just built a "wood gathering trailer", and the winch...
8
8

using a roundover bit on thin stock
I admit it. I'm a newby. My question for the group is: How does one use a roundover bit on curved stock that is too thin to use the roller as a guide? I cut out a decorative layout on some 3/8" stock....
11
11

plywood platform or wood slats bed
Making a bed where no box spring will be used.. For years I have always opted for using a maple plywood platform over using slats... I guess the original decision came from one... slats do take a lot...
13
13

Match for Carver-Tripp special walnut
haven't been able to find any Carver-Tripp products at >any of the usual stores. Searches on the internet come up empty >also. My can has a 1998 date on it. This might not get you much fartther....
15
15

Ever blast your eye with an air nailer exhaust?
No, but they'll both happily sell you one, albeit a bit specialized.
50
50

Beer as a wood stain/dye/varnish
Are there any books that discuss the use of beer as a wood treatment ? I just can't seem to find much material on this topic, but I know beer was once used to dye/stain/lacquer wood. Darren ... Off to...
4
4

Aligning a Vega utility 50 fence
After being in the market for a few weeks for an upgrade in table saws, I found a Jet with a shop built cabinet base on wheels, a Vega Utility 50" fence, the original Jet T fence, and the finger saver...
6
6

Enlarging an existing door knob hole...HELP!
Yea, I'd sure try polishing or plating, at least get an estimate. If you redrill, you can clamp the sacrificial stock with Quickgrips or c clamps and blocks, so you don't make nail holes. If you use a...
26
26

Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?
I've decided that this is on-topic for this NG since many of us order large tools that have to be delivered freight. When a truck driver drops a pallet in your garage, is he expecting a tip? How much?...
186
186