Paslode Impulse Problems

I just bought a used Paslode Impulse framing nailer. It did work when I received it last week. But, now when I try to use it does not fire. The fuel cell cycles, the fan runs when I squeeze the trigger but the nail's don't fire and I hear no pop.

The battery is fully charged, brand new fuel cell. I had just replaced the spark plug, completely clean everything inside and it's still not popping.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks KT

Reply to
Chris

Make sure the fuel cell is properly seated. There's a "male-female" sort of line up that requires a bit of persistence to "consummate". Is the battery light green?

You have to push down on the tool with some force to engage the firing mechanism. Nails may not be fully seated in the magazine. The firing pin may not have retracted all the way back after your last shot. A red handled Robertson screwdriver is just the right size to push it back in all the way.

I have been told that if you press the nozzle of the fuel cell against something solid a small amount of fuel will be metered out of the cell, if it has fuel in it. Of course I would never do that, neither would I recommend anybody else do that. I can't imagine anyone would, say go outside and try it against a tree, well away from any ignition source.

They can be a finicky tool at times, when you have used it for a while you will catch on to it.

LdB

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

Check the gaskets. This is a problem I had with mine which I sold it on Ebay.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

Thank you for the suggestions. I checked the fire pin and it was not pushed all the way back. I use the coat hanger wire and pushed it all they way back. Check the red fuel nozzle and it's seated correctly. However, the thing is still not firing.

Thanks

KT

Reply to
Chris

One more suggestion. The fuel cartridge dispenser cap may not be fully snapped down onto the metal tube. The flat black base of the cap has to be flush down with the metal ring. Place the round top of the dispenser against a door frame or something good and solid. Then give the bottom of the metal cell a good shove or rap with your hand. If you here a snap then the cap wasn't down properly. Before you put the cell back in double check that the nails are right down into the firing position. You can see this from below. The points of the nails are visible when you look up inside.

Like I said depressing the nozzle dispenses a shot of fuel. May as well be sure you have fuel flowing before trying something more difficult. The gun behaves like it is charging and getting ready to fire even if there is no fuel cartridge in it.

I haven't used mine for a while so I went out to the shop and did a little "Target Practice". You know I like that gun, so do my 59 year elbows. Sure beats pounding. :)

Good luck

Reply to
L D'Bonnie

Alright, Thank you all for your suggestions. I have narrowed down to the root cause of the problem. When I cleaned the piston chamber, I used carburetor cleaner solution which may have caused the O-Ring Sleeve to expand. As the result, the combustion chamber did not retract all the way, preventing the combustion chamber ring from touching the roller assembly. This is the root cause of why the spark plug did not ignite.

My follow up question is has anyone had the experience of changing the O-Ring Sleeve? Do you have to separate the Combustion Chamber and the Sleeve Assembly to replace the O-Ring Sleeve?

For a reference to the part names, please refer to this schematic:

Thanks,

Khac

Reply to
Chris