Best Rated threads in Woodworking Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Finishing Question for a Potato/Onion Bin
I am making a potato/onion bin out of knotty pine. What kind of finish would you use inside the bin, if any? Should I seal it with something like polyurathane so the potato juices don't get into the...
6
6

Grizzly Table Saw TSC-10L
I need a manual for a Grizzly Table Saw TSC-10L. I seached the Grizzly site to no avail. Thanks Bob AZ
20
20

Cut window in garage door
A real garage door dealer, one that handles commercial doors, will have purpose-built bubble windows and vent ports designed for a door like that. The ones I have seen were a 2-piece self-edging...
11
11

Grain Filler (CrysaLac)
I just used it for the first time. I really like that stuff. S.
1
1

Hidden hinges on MDF doors
Hi. I am building a very cheap mdf cabinet for our laundry. It will have 3 doors (720mmHx600mmWx18mm) and we want hidden hinges. To keep costs down we are thinking of making mdf doors rather than...
4
4

repairing a treadmill deck
A long while back I posted a question about repairing a treadmill deck. Most of the responses were helpful pointing me in the direction of oak as the decking material of choice. In the time since then...
8
8

Problems installing mortising attachment
I have just bought a new drill press, the General International 75-025, and am trying to attach the General International 70-900 mortising accessory to it. Whenever I turn the unit on with the...
5
5

Preventing Router From Splintering Plywood
Hi, My router splinters the top plywood veneer leaving a messy looking cut. I've tried cutting in increments with the last as small as possible but still get splintering. Even newly purchased bits...
4
4

FF Biscuits and Dewalt 682k
I have a Dewalt 682k Plate Joiner (biscuit joiner) and at times I woul like to use size FF biscuits. Is there any way to adjust the Dewal 682k so I can use them -- silver_18038
4
4

Drilling holes in cast-iron table saw extension
I just got two nice new solid-surface cast-iron table saw extensions to replace the webbed ones that came with my old Craftsman table saw. The old webbed extensions had holes on either end but the new...
10
10

16" electric chain saw: Makita UC4000 or UC4030A vs. Milwaukee 6215
The old 16" Makita UC4000 has great reviews on but couldn't find any review on the new UC4030A. The oil on the UC4000 reservoir is small and Milwaukee 6215 has good reviews but uses a special chain....
1
1

Reasons for not using cedar in furniture
Was curious as to some opinions about using cedar to make furniture. I was taught that it wasn't generally a good idea, but I wanted some other opinions and/or concurrence. I don't really remember the...
7
7

3/16" dado problem
Needed to cut groove in front/back/sides for captive drawer bottoms - outfitting van... using 3/16" masonite for drawer bottom. Tried my Sears dado set - used 1 regular blade (1/8") and the 1/16...
21
21

Reverse Crown Moulding
What is "reverse crown moulding" as compared to, I guess "normal" crown moulding? Tks
2
2

Craftsman Radial arm saw cost?
I am drooling over a craftman radial arm saw at the pawn shop down the street. I would guess it has a 3 or 4 foot table, maybe larger, with 6 or 8 drawers underneath. They want 200 but I suspect 125...
6
6

Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting - Solutions?
I painted a birch plywood desk work surface with latex CIL SMART3 WASH & WEAR Kitchen & Bath paint (at the suggestion of the HD paint guy) as he said it would give a durable washable finish. The...
46
46

Wood/Wood floor question
I have a question about wood floors and possibly just wood in general. A few years ago I developed a weird allergy/sensitivity to being around certain wood floor homes or establishments with lots of...
2
2

Routers - reverse rotation?
Are there commercially available hand-held routers that run backwards from the normal direction? Or, does anyone know of a site that explains how to reverse the running direction of an existing router...
12
12

Stanley T31 brad nailer, broken any ideas?
All, I am looking for some parts or advice on how to fix a barely used Stanley T31 Brad Nailer. It was my late fathers so I guess there is some attachment on my part to his tools that i remember him...
4
4

Rockwell International 46-111 wood lathe value
I was wondering if someone could let me know what a Rockwell Inter. 46-111 wood lathe is worth. The prices that I have found are from a 1973 catalog, the lathe was $139.99, the lathe and stand was...
12
12