Re: Workmate Mods

I would like to hear of any Workmate mods anyone has done.

> > Also what other woodworking groups are out there that would have > Workmate mods discussed. > > Thanks > > TMT

I don't have any modifications but do have Sketchup plans to build you own Work Mate type bench. I can e-mail if you like.

Reply to
Leon

Duck tape to keep on the the rubber leg ends.

Luigi

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Mine has a few saw kerfs in the steel bits as well as quite a few divotts and gouges, if those count as mods.

Reply to
clare

Didn't someone on the group modify theirs into a two piece system?

;-)

Reply to
dhall987

If you can find Pat Olguin, he has a bang-up mod that he did several years ago. Bing search for Odeen workmutt, that should get you close.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I went looking for this article, but Klownhammer seems to have disappeared. Did the Cable get it?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 23:06:49 -0500, the infamous dhall987 scrawled the following:

Now please stop replying to the toomanytwinkiestroll.

-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The first thing I did after I brought mine home from an auction was to hose it down. Since I did it after-market, maybe that qualifies as a mod? I was the only bidder and I paid $5 (in retrospect, I probably could have got it for $2). Who would have thought that no one except me wanted it? It paid for itself on it's first task. Who knows, maybe it will work as a sharpening stand (until I build a dedicated sharpening stand or planer stand as a "practice project" for my workbench). Come on snow...MELT!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

My Workmate's rubber leg tips are long gone, then I finally sold the thing at the last garage sale. I used the Workmate very little after building a real workbench, but I can understand the portability of the Workmate is very good. ;)

Reply to
Phisherman

The Workmate history is also interesting.

RicodJour

The rest of the book is pretty good, too. Almost a little too informative -- deciding which features to include in the "perfect" bench is daunting, though there are some nice measured drawings in the appendix.

Reply to
Steve

When Google starts working again, plug in "workmate parts" for a shitload of hits. A couple of the places I spot checked had parts for many models.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy