Bandsaw Table Insert

I snapped the plastic insert in the table of my Rigid upright bandsaw the other day. I can make one out of aluminum easily enough. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions to make it "better."
On 5/18/2018 10:53 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

I make mine out of wood (oak) and turn it on my lathe for a perfect fit, zero clearance insert.
--
Jack