The Burnt Cabinet & Shelves Installed

Here they are installed at my buddy's pub. They are thrilled and were able to display all their different liquor types together, as well as highlight the expensive ones up top.
I did a pretty good job of matching the first ones I did for them. I think I like these better, because the burning is a bit more prevalent.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RQktW1PSEvSwyFn37
--

-MIKE-

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:25:49 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

Two thumbs up from me.
No raised glasses in hands pic? Shame on you all!
Sonny
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 7:01:22 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:

Here you go Sonny, I took a picture right after the cabinets were installed.
https://tinyurl.com/Mike-At-Pub
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 6:25:49 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

Beautiful Job ,Nice original look.
Success is Wonderful , when it's Appreciated!
I like-it Just the way you did it. rick B.
On 5/17/18 9:00 PM, Rick the antique guy wrote:

Thanks, Rick. It's an interesting technique. It's certainly fast to do, but there's a lot of post-op needed afterwards. I'm not sure it's any more than normal post-stain sanding, though. I'm going to experiment with how much sanding is needed on the brunt parts in order to still hold a topcoat. I would like to be able to keep some of the darker sections dark, instead of sanding them off. It doesn't take much sanding to remove the char. This makes me think those sections wouldn't hold a topcoat very well.
I also need to find an HVLP that throws lacquer well. The rattle cans are getting expensive, but I just love using lacquer.
--

-MIKE-