bad attempt for humor- woodworking related

To my British Friends, The discussions about terms used both here and in your country made me wonder about other differnces. Since you drive on the other side of the road from the US, does your left tilt table saws go the opposite direction of our left tilt saws? Perspiring minds want to know.

Marc (and most of my future posts will be serious, I promise)

Reply to
marc rosen

"marc rosen" wrote

Nope, but (due to coriolis effect), the blades on table saws do spin in the opposite direction south of the equator ;)

Ditto for all rotary tools: NEVER try a northen-hemisphere router bit in a southern-hemisphere router... It's ugly.

Drilling? Foget it....

Cheers!

Gary

Reply to
Gary

There is a simple fix for your problem with drilling: Start from beneath the workpiece and drill upwards. Similarly, Coriolis Effects can be mitigated by hanging upside down while working.

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

So when did Britain end up south of the equator?? Just curious. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

To my American Friends...

Good Question...

Do your trees have boots (our's have trunks) Do you sit on your homeless people (we sit on our bums)

and if we have a friend who's Randy, we generally try to avoid them! (Unless their female)

Nowt to do with woodwork, but thought prevoking all the same!

Reply to
barry

That's not what he said. Top posted to make it harder to read.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

Taking a holiday broadens the mind.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

snip

We wear boots and put stuff in our trunks, unless we are going swimming, then we wear our trunks!

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

So what did you think the phrase "The sun never sets on the British Empire" meant?

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
Ron Moore

God didn't trust the Brits in the dark?

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

Who does?

Reply to
CW

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote

Now, you see: THAT is why I hang around here!

If there's something I can't figure out on my own, somebody here is bound to have the answer.

Cheers!

Gary

Reply to
Gary