Assistance request

I've posted a tracing of an edge profile from a restoration I'm working on to a.b.p.w. It's the edge of a oak newel post from a building built in 1910. The tracing is correctly oriented as you would see it on the edge.

I've looked through Whiteside, CMT, Freud, and several others, with no luck, but that dosen't mean I didn't miss something..

Can anyone guess the name or suggest something close?

Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

where did you post the pic ? many newsgroups dont handle embedded images

Reply to
marks542004

a..b.p.w. = alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking Newsgroup where attachments are allowed, but messages (and attachments) are kept only for a very short time.

Phil

{snip}

Reply to
Phil-in-MI

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Sun, Feb 4, 2007, 4:57pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (B=A0A=A0R=A0R=A0Y) doth query: I've posted a tracing of an edge profile from a restoration I'm working on to a.b.p.w. =A0 It's the edge of a oak newel post from a building built in 1910.

Name? Name. How about Charley?

I'm thinking that from that far back that could well be a one-off.

No prob. Make you a forge, make you some tools, cut some trees, make some charcoal, make some molding knives, temper 'em, and make some duplicates. No prob. LMAO

JOAT Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.

- Johann Von Schiller

Reply to
J T

Sun, Feb 4, 2007, 7:09pm (EST+5) NO Spam & snipped-for-privacy@1-2-3-4-5-6.notspam (Phil-in-MI) sayeth: a..b.p.w. = alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I kinda find it amusing that a.b.p.w. also stands for alt.binaries.pictures.weapons

news:alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking news:alt.binaries.pictures.weapons

JOAT Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.

- Johann Von Schiller

Reply to
J T

You've never watched me with a chisel, have you? ;-)

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit