Anybody know what diameter the stretchers are?

;~)

John Grossbohlin

I'm not much into rustic stuff, but as a maker of rocking chairs I can certainly appreciate the work he put into it. However, the center of gravity on that thing is way too far forward.

Reply to
Steve Turner

I enjoyed the video. In another 45 seconds, I'm sure he could adjust the center of gravity with a new rocking base if he wishes to. It's not like he needs to contract the job out! : )

I'd like to have a foot-operated latheas well.

Reply to
Bill

rtainly appreciate the work he put into it. However, the center of gravity on that thing is way too far forward.

It's not important that the center of gravity is correct, since, once someo ne sits, they and the chair are one unit and leaning to one side would alte r the unit's center of gravity.

What's important is the rockers are toed in (back), or toed out (front), at the same angle to the mid-line and the leg lengths maintains the rockers i n the same plane (of action/motion), otherwise the chair would likely creep across the floor, as one rocks. It doesn't take much misalignment for a r ocker to creep.

I would think his rocker doesn't creep. No doubt, that's not the first roc ker he's built.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Those things are important, but I'm not talking about rocker creep or side-to-side balance. The point I was trying to make is that his chair is trying to lean forward and dump him out, and you can see that before he even sits in it. On a well-balanced rocker you should be able to take your feet off the floor and not have the chair roll forward.

Reply to
Steve Turner