Americans seem to be getting a better deal from Lee Valley.

Have you ever tried real Canadian beer and not that watered down stuff they export to the U.S.?

Nova

could it be that Canadians pay the tax and exported items do not?

Reply to
Bob Peterson

Not to change the subject, but my catalogs show an address in Ogdensburg, NY. Is there actually a store there, or is this just a U.S. maildrop?

Reply to
Ray Aldridge

No store there , we have a shipping and receiving warehouse. Only 60 miles south of Ottawa.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

That's not entirely true.

I pay New York State Sales Tax on my LV orders because of their shipping presence in Ogdensberg, NY.

It's bummer to have to pay sales tax but it's nice to be able to count on

2nd day delivery for a UPS-ground shipment.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

It's sad to see this.

There was a day when companies priced their products on a fair markup. Now it's 'competitive' pricing. There are still a few companies who price according to a fair profit on their goods. They are worth their weight in gold. It's too bad Lee Valley isn't one of them.

Reply to
Robert

No...but I sample that other "fine" product called Seagrams VO, which I believe to be from our friends up north.

The "Crown Royal" ain't too shabby either...

You folks drinking those "training" brews really ought to try the good stuff from time to time.

Love their slogan:

>Have you actually tried American micro brews, or just Budweiser and >>Miller products?

Reply to
Pat Barber

Robert -

It seems no matter what questions I answer for you - you make some objectionable attribution. You must really have a poor opinion of businesses in general - to always assume the most negative motivation, or least flattering interpretation of a statement.

Frankly - I don't think I can give you any answer or explanation that'll make you happy.

Have a good day...

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Reply to
Robin Lee

Rob Lee responds:

Not to worry. If he's fool enough to believe what he has written, then it is his loss. I know it can't often be said, but there are some customers you're better off not having. Apparently, Robert is one, and you'd wear yourself down trying to satisfy a person who has a built-in and durable animus towards Lee Valley.

It's a shame, but it's also his loss.

Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self

Robin there is nothing positive about bragging 'competitive' pricing. Competitive price has nothing to do with 'fair' pricing and you know it. Fair value for our customers at a fair price is something to brag about.

You are not old enough to remember the start of the 'competitive' price wars. As an assistant manager of a large chain store and by virtue of being a young muscled 6'2" man I was on the battle front of 'comparison' pricing. London Drugs had me arrested TWICE for price checking in their stores. I was hit in the back with a can of tuna thrown full force at another. I can't count the stores that threw me out. Ahh, those were the days.

All that said I love Lee Valley, your prices may be suspect right now but your customer service is definitely 'old school' and in a class all it's own. I'm willing to pay more for that. I just wish those damned Americans were paying the same price.:)

Reply to
Robert

Charlie, all these years of reading your posts and I never knew you were an idiot. Well, you learn something new every day here at the Wreck.

HAND now.

Reply to
Robert

That's nothin'. Once I was whapped upside the head with a package of Twizzlers. Another time someone threw a whole case of Peeps at me - I tell you, it almost made me take a step backward.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

See what I mean?? All I wrote was that our prices were competitive...and from that you infer an entire set of business practices...

I give up (and now understand the guy with the tuna : ) ....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

JK

Reply to
James T. Kirby

I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly of business practices. I was a buyer for Eatons.

Yeah but our price on that tuna was 5 cents cheaper.;-)

Reply to
Robert

"Robin Lee" wrote in news:UYagd.17512$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Reminds me of a saying my father used. "Some folks would kick if they got hung with a new rope!" Indicating that there's no pleasing everyone.

I'd be happier if you had a 'fast shipping option', since I'm on the Left Coast of the US. No one has ever accused me of excess patience...

But other than that, no complaints.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Explain the difference between my complaint about higher prices in Canada and you bitching about slow shipping to the US?

I have only ONE complaint as well.

Reply to
Robert

I'm always surprised to hear anyone complain about slow shipping from Lee Valley. I had always assumed they had salvaged the transporter from one of the earlier Enterprises. I guess Delaware just isn't very far away.

JK

Reply to
James T. Kirby

You see patriarch wasn't really complaining about slow shipping, he was just sorta pointing it out. Not really a complaint, just an observation and a suggestion how to resolve it in his favor.

Well then I'm no longer complaining about Canadians getting the shaft on Lee Valley prices either. I'm just pointing it out, making an observation.

Reply to
Robert

Things get to Texas quick enough!

Grant