Americans seem to be getting a better deal from Lee Valley.

And in the same vein, you're an asshole, so what else is there to say?

Reply to
Upscale

"Robin has addressed this directly (I think) within the last year in

this forum. If you google it I'm sure it's there somewhere.

They set prices annually and take there lumps one way or another with the exchange rates. I'm sure that they do not only have to be concerned with US/CDN rates, but also the currencies of suppliers."

To which Robin Lee replied

"Hi Stephen -

Thanks for the clear and correct explanation - yes - we set our rates in June, and hold for a year..."

So, um, yes, he did say that after all.

I've looked through Google Groups and I can find no such statement (which is why I asked you to produce a quote to back up your accusation). Can you please quote the message that gave you this idea that Canadians are subsidizing the American market?

Ken Muldrew

Well I could say I Rob Lee has proved himself to be both an asshole and a spammer but I won't.;-)

Reply to
Robert

Why is that an "egregious accusation"? I'm sure LV is in business to make money by charging what the market will bear. They're not a charity organization, after all.

If you like the products they offer for the prices they offer them at, great- if not, vote with your feet. I'm amazed that this even needs to be discussed!

Reply to
Prometheus

I've asked him to quote as well, he refuses to quote.

Reply to
Daniel H

Pantload.

Hey Keith...that felt good!

:)

Reply to
Robin Lee

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:48:48 -0500, "Robin Lee" calmly ranted:

Atta Boy, Robin.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Because it is a lie. Where I come from, public statements that are intended to malign someone's character dishonestly are considered egregious. Perhaps people conduct themselves differently where you live.

Of course. I trust that you now see my point was different from what you surmised.

We are in agreement here.

It doesn't.

Ken Muldrew

For phone calls, it wouldn't be too hard to tie a TN to a rate center -- a quick LERG lookup. Then I'd have a pretty good guess on Geography and I could offer special discount prices to my 'Murican Callers! If they're on the 'net - then there's ways to map IP addresses to approximate locations.

All so I could offer much lower rates to anyone in 'Murica...

Yep.

And there was a second gunman in the grassy knoll. There's an alien spaceship in a big hanger in Area 51...

Reply to
patrick conroy

It's not. Read below. Americans get a better because of a more competitive marketplace. Lee said so.

Reply to
Robert

Your quote shows only that their pricing remains competitive despite the havoc that has been created for them through the growing currency discrepancy. Your vivid imagination has created a theory with no basis in fact, and you have sadly used that theory to launch a petulant attack in a public forum. That is unfortunate, but at least it is just a mistake rather than a lie. An honest fool.

Ken Muldrew

You mean the quote you snipped?

Reply to
Robert

Yes. Read it again. It does not say what you imagine it does; not even close.

Ken Muldrew

Are you retarded?

Robert asks: Mr Lee, why do Canadians pay more for your products than Americans do?

Mr Lee answers.

"Robert AFAIK, we're competitive in either country....against vendors in that country."

Mr Lee, so you are saying Canadians pay more for your products because you can get away with charging them more?

Answer from Mr Lee:

Stunned silence.

Reply to
Robert

Go troll somewhere else idiot. Better yet, why don't you move your ass down to the US? You'll get those better prices you're whining about and we Canadians won't have to be embarrassed that a botttom-feeder like you lives in our country.

If you really want to make a contribution, then try going after some of our politicians wasting hundreds of millions of dollars instead of wasting your time attacking a respected and popular company that's trying to make a profit.

God, you make me sick. What an irritating little douche bag you are.

Reply to
Upscale

Actually, the reaction is amused tolerance. But then again, I have a soft heart for hungry trolls.....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Robert asks: Mr Lee, why do Canadians pay more for your products than Americans do?

Mr Lee answers.

"Robert AFAIK, we're competitive in either country....against vendors in that country."

Mr Lee, so you are saying Canadians pay more for your products because you can get away with charging them more?

Answer from Mr Lee:

Stunned silence.

Reply to
Robert

Robert asks: Mr Lee, why do Canadians pay more for your products than Americans do?

Mr Lee answers.

"Robert AFAIK, we're competitive in either country....against vendors in that country."

Mr Lee, so you are saying Canadians pay more for your products because you can get away with charging them more?

Answer from Mr Lee:

However I'm not sure all the Canadians you are over charging are amused. In fact several in this group have already indicated they are not.

Reply to
Robert

One question Mr Lee, is this an implied threat. I know you are quite fond of threatening posters to usenet. You did it in the woodturning group and they tossed you out on your over charging ass.

Reply to
Robert

Gee, Robert, I musta missed that one. AFAIK, Robin is welcome everywhere. I'd stand him a Guiness in a heartbeat. Hell, I wish he'd put a store down here. Your manners, or lack thereof make me wonder exactly what your agenda is.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax