add on laser for miter saw- anybody bought laserkerf?

i'm considering the laserkerf

after reading the review at
any of you guys tried it yet?

Reply to
bb sythe

Ramsey

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:47:30 -0500, Ramsey Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

i bought one after reading Bill's review of the laserkerf, and i have to tell you, its as good as Bill said it was. all of my cuts have been dead on the money with the laser. its all in the initial setup and "aiming" of the beam. once you get used to it, its like second nature to align your measurement mark with the laser beam. its plenty bright for indoor use, and well worth my money, but of course, YMMV

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

My laser replaces the washer on the side of the blade and is self activating. There does not seem to be any adjustments. Mine was a little pricey, maybe with the laserkerf's lower price it is a better deal.

Duane

Reply to
Duane

I bought the new 10" Craftsman Laser saw with the extension tables, and holdown clamp for $189, and after a 10% discount and 10 dollar coupon I got it for $169 plus tax. I was leery of a Craftsman at first, but I love this saw and it is dead on. I checked all the settings out of the box and I never had to make any adjustments to the saw. It is not an Emerson saw, it was made in Taiwan and not China which is one good thing. Have you noticed that a lot of our router bits are made in Taiwan even though we bought the from American companies? Mt 2 cents worth.

Reply to
Joe