Subject Author Posted Replies

ever veneer over plywood to "save" a project?
I'm sure it's been done and should work fine. However, getting a match between ply surface of cherry and a veneer might be tough. Ply always has it's own look to it in my experience. Depeding on the...
1
1

Riser on 14" Grizzly bandsaw
How are you measuring the alignment of the wheels? If that's good, I'd check the tires, wheel runout, then the blade. You can get a general indication of a possibly bent or mis-aligned frame by the...
3
3

Old sears/king seeley parts
Looking for parts for a craftsman(king-seeley) 6" jointer. Model 10320620 Tried a search with no luck on parts. Nothing needed just a return spring for the cutter guard. I really don't want to cobble...
5
5

Cut de-waxed Shellac vs. Minwax Pre-Stain Conditioner
I'm sold; Seal Coat it is. Thanks, guys.
5
5

I can't find it! a random lament
Recently, I was at the Borg, looking for a replacement bulb. I couldn't seem to remember the word Halogen. The associate said I had a case of CRS. ( Can't Remember Sh_t). Gray hair will do that to...
42
42

PING Renata re: lacquer supplier
am i missingsomething or did you not post the name of your favorite company?
3
3

Invisible MDF butt joint
| Has any one tried an approach to stabilize the edge fibers of the | cut edge? It would appear that might hold the most promise from the | superglue result so far. I've had good results routing both...
12
12

weak radial arm saw
If your blade is sharp and the alienment is good, that eliminates almost 60% of the problems. Before sending it out for repair, remove the moter housing from the saw and give it a good cleaning an...
10
10

Need help with shape for a Handle
I wouldn't make a baby's cradle out of laminated wood. Just use real wood. What are you doing with the edges after you round them over? Isn't laminated wood board just particle board with a fake wood...
8
8

Roy Underhilll and Woodwright's Shop
The old machine episode is fantastic--thanks!
6
6

bought my first piece of wood
Every time I have bought wood in the past it was for a specific project. But while at the Borg Sunday shuffling throught the rack of Maple for an upcoming project, I came across a piece of spalted...
4
4

Dust collection with hand-held routers
Speaking of support and DC, has anyone had a hands-on with the Leigh VRS yet? The video on Leigh's site looks promising.
22
22

Fein Multimaster off brand replacement flush cut saw Question.
We buy the eBay blades all the time. They work fine. cm
6
6

Brett-Guard mounting preferences
I'm considering a Brett-Guard for my 52" rail, 10", left tilt cabinet saw. Interested in opinions on the best mounting option to choose, and why. Thanks!

Powermatic Mortiser, model 701, max chisel size
Hi, I purchased this tool last week to help me with a workbench I'm building. It is my first hollow chisel mortiser. The place I brought it also sold me the Jet mortising bit and chisel set to go with...