Subject Author Posted Replies

Painting an old Power tool (hey JOAT)
Hey gang, Ive been lurking for years. Long enough to know JOAT paints all his tools yellow. I have an old (1986) jointer / planer that I picked up on CraigsList yesterday and I am thinking of painting...
9
9

Gel Stain problems on oak project
On the recommendation of someone here, I bought some Rockler Mission Oak Gel stain for a bookcase project. Previously I had used tradtional solvent based stains. My woodworking experience is fairly...
4
4

Building exterior door
I'm in the process of building an edge grain doug fir exterior door, 2" thick with double glass pane inside. door is built ( 80" x 40") and I'm constructing the door frame. what are the standard...
6
6

REVIEW - RoboToolz Crossliner Laser Level - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, I have just finished a review of the RoboToolz Crossliner Laser Line Generator. Very handy device for anyone involved in a bit of DIY or renovation :) Review freely available to read now...
2
2

Hah, Look What Lee Valley's Got
My first *real* grandkid will be born around Sept 1st. She will weigh in at...I guess I will just have to wait and find out then. :) My oldest son started dating a girl who was 2 months pregnant with...
12
12

Porter Cable Brad Nailer problems
Model BN200A. Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2" Porter Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a problem? Total usage is maybe 3 clips of...
4
4

bandsaw tire and blade slipping off drive pulley
Hi all! I've had my Jet 12" bandsaw about 6 months now and have been happy with it. There's one thing though that I am unsure how to solve. On 3 occassions after tensioning, tracking and adjusting the...
9
9

Cutting Table
Woot Woot I made a cutting table for plywood sheets today. I now have a couple of sawhorses to give away. I dunno why I never thunk-o-this before. Wood was five 2x8x70's I got by disassembling old...
5
5

Gun Cabinet
I am planning to build a gun cabinet and I have come across a bit of a stumbling block. Although I am at best a novice wood worker, I do try to build with joinery and glue, rather than screws and nail...
5
5

dust collector pipeing
I just finished installing a new Oneida Dust Gorilla dust collector that is really overkill for a two car garage shop. The duct work I used was HVAC sheet metal with hand cut 4" Y's off of the main 7"...
13
13

OT: need snake advice
The man from Wikipedia, he say yes.
62
62

Porter Cable Routo-jig Model 140 manual?
I have the above mentioned tool with the router base only. I realize that it's about 50 years old, but i'm hopeful that someone has a manual they'd be willing to scan. I've tried the PorterCable site...
1
1

Router tare out on end grain
I use alot of exoitc woods, burl and curl, Babinga,Zebra,Cocobolo,ect., in many of my projects. The stock is 1&1/2" thick ( band sawed to with in 1/8" of the template ) and the template 3/4" plywood....
9
9

Help needed (Cup hooks and Screw eyes)
G'day all, I was wondering if any of you good people would have, or know of, a supplier of cup hooks and screw eyes. I have Googled my finger of with no luck, especially in Oz. I don't mind helping...
12
12

Itty bitty lathe
On the ABPW group it was suggested that a mini lathe might be made from a sewing machine motor with a foot pedal control. Do any of you have an idea how something like that could be made, or perhaps a...
37
37