Fein Multimaster off brand replacement flush cut saw Question.

I'm doing a hardwood floor install and have come to the end off life with the flush cut saw attachment. The one that's about 2" wide. After checking on the replacement prices I've found a genuine fein saw for about $45.00 each a little less is you buy a 3 pack. and also have found an aftermarket manufacturer on E-bay for about $21.00 per blade.

Has anyone used these? any reccomendations as to other source and prices.

Reply to
brandom11

Sharpen the old one with a Dremel and a cut-off wheel. Somebody suggested that in here some time ago, and I have been thankful ever since.

Robatoy

I bought some off brand sandpaper for my 16/32 and had to throw it out. Save your $21.

Reply to
Toller

I have had good success with slitting saw blades from the machinist' supply house. not cheap, though. dremel is selling a chinese drycut diamond blade for their silly attachment "system" that happens to fit the fein and works a charm for plunging into hard materials. there may also be a toothed woodcutting blade as part of that system.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

We buy the eBay blades all the time. They work fine.

cm

Reply to
CM

Can you give me a reference to this? I did searchs on variations of dremel drycut diamond blade, but came up empty.

Reply to
Toller

I bought it at home depot. here's the "attachment system" thingie:

the diamond blade didn't show up on HD's website for me, but it may be on the shelf at your local borg anyway. anyplace that carries dremel should be able to order it for you.

Reply to
bridgerfafc