Scroll Saw Patterns?

I am looking for some patterns for my new scroll. I would appreciate anything you can share. I would like to get a nice pattern of a large mouth bass. But I'm not picky.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Blake

Here is a Yahoo Group for Scrollsawing. You have to subscribe to get access to the site but it is well worth the effort. The group is tightly moderated so you don't have to worry about spam. They have over

500 free patterns at this point and a great network of users.

Richard A.

Sat, Jan 1, 2005, 1:09am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Steve=A0Blake) said: I am looking for some patterns for my new scroll. I would appreciate anything you can share. I would like to get a nice pattern of a large mouth bass. But I'm not picky.

This should do it. You can google if you need more.

People without "things" are just intelligent animals.

Reply to
J T

You are a card!!! I darned near fell over when I saw this "pattern". Excuse the pun...

Here is some info I have pulled from several messages on the wreck about scrollsawing. I have left the original posting name where I could, and I hope they won't be angry at me for doing this but the previous follow up post was not so helpful...

Thanks to everybody for the helpful info, and I am sure that it will help the gentleman get sawdusty, and right into this fun and rewarding hobby.

MSN Groups: Free Scrollsaw Patterns:

have to join the group)

There are other newsgroups / forums dedicated to scrollsaw, but they don't offer free patterns.

If you are new to scrollsaw, visit Rick's place, read up on blade choices:

you get further into it, you'll probably want to do more complicated patterns that have lots of fretwork (inside cuts) and complexity. For these, go to either WildWood Designs
or the Berry Basket
These places also sell clock inserts and parts.

Blades are important. The best blades are Flying Dutchman. You can get these from Mike's Workshop

As far as adhering the pattern to the wood, first, cover the wood with blue painters' tape, use a spray adhesive such as 3M 77, Scotch Bond, etc. to adhere the pattern to the tape then cover with clear packing tape. The tapes lubricate the blade which helps reduce burning of the wood. I'd suggest picking up any "basics" book from Patrick Spielman as well as the video "Scollsaw Fretworking A-Z" which you can get direct from the source on e-bay for about $15.

Kevin Daly

'll also find a category of free scrollsawing plans at
are any number of ways to transfer the pattern. Rubber cement for a paper copy is the most obvious, but there are other glues as well. Aleene's Tacky Glue is also well known. You can find it at most craft chains, such as JoAnne's, A.C.Moore, etc.

I have a Dremel 1680, but no room to work with it right now.

For more help from fellow scrollers, there is also a mailing list:

snipped-for-privacy@allthingswood.com

Sign up at:

online chat can be found at:
world wide scroll saw association is at:

Mike has most of the blades you can't find anywhere else:

McConnell N2SPP

Please delete the ".removethis" in my email address as this is there for spam control. Thanks!

Reply to
Denis