bought my first piece of wood

Every time I have bought wood in the past it was for a specific project. But while at the Borg Sunday shuffling throught the rack of Maple for an upcoming project, I came across a piece of spalted Maple. Somehow this beautiful piece of wood missed the sorting process and ended up at the Borg and was overlooked until I arrived. I had no choice but to buy it.

After I got home and carefully stacked all the rest of the lumber I had bought I looked at the spalted piece more carefully outside and saw the board was also curly. What luck!, a 10' 1x6 curly, spalted Maple board for less than $30!

So now what? Should I cut this board up and build a simple box out of this gorgeous piece of wood? Use it sparingly for accent parts of numerous projects? Wait and keep looking the board over until the board reveals to me what it wants to be?

Methinks I need a bandsaw...

Reply to
RayV

| Methinks I need a bandsaw...

Most definitely. A big one. :-D

Morris Dovey

?Wait and keep looking the board over until the

I vote for the waiting and the bandsaw.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

?Wait and keep looking the board over until the

I vote for the waiting and the bandsaw.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Bob AZ wrote in news:1187663056.486715.116540 @r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

You must be from one of the Chicago suburbs... One that didn't understand you have to change your name to vote early and vote often! ;)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper