Wood sources???

Well my shop is about a few weeks from creating sawdust and I was wondering if anyone has purchased wood through Curly Woods

I am planning a project using figured Maple and they have a special on it till the end of the month.

In addition, if anyone knows a good source for lumber in the N. Alabama/S. Tennessee area I would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks, Mike

Huntsville AL

Reply to
Poseidon

I have not ordered anything from them, but their prices seem kinda high ($8 bft on sale + shipping). My local source, in Va., wants $5 bft for 4/4 curly and birdseye maple. dave

Reply to
ClemsonDave

Mike, I am near Huntsville and keep seeing a fellow advertising in the 'Swapper', I think that is the name. The free classified ad paper that is distrubuted all over North Alabama. I also found his (?) ad in the The Shopper. He is in S. TN and advertises kiln dried Oak, butternut, ... well I can't remember what else and I can't find a paper at the moment.

If you do contact this fellow please email me. I am a few months away from needing anything but I am going to be looking for wood real too.

Reply to
Kudzu

Kudzu, when you find out something, let me know. I'm down that way about once a month and could always use another supplier!

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Thanks, I will keep an eye open for the "swapper" and/or the shopper. I will let you know what I find out.

-Mike

Reply to
Poseidon

Well my shop is about a few weeks from creating sawdust and I was wondering if anyone has purchased wood through Curly Woods

I am planning a project using figured Maple and they have a special on it till the end of the month.

In addition, if anyone knows a good source for lumber in the N. Alabama/S. Tennessee area I would appreciate the heads up.

Thanks, Mike

Huntsville AL

Reply to
David Babcock

I will try to pick one up today when I am out and see if I can find his ad. I need to add it to my address book too.

Reply to
Kudzu

Reply to
Steve

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com says...

Dave,

We hand select all of our woods for high figure and lumber quality. We understand that you might feel that our pricing is higher than a local source, but we have worked very hard to establish a group of suppliers that provide us with very high quality figured woods that we expect. Some vendors find our standards to be ridiculously high, but to me quality sells.

Figured woods vary a great deal in their quality, just as regular woods do from tree to tree. Our company has grown steadily over the past two years by supplying what we say we will. Customer service is a big part of what we stand for at Curly Woods. If you do not care what quality of wood that you are to be sent, we could simply go out to our lumber racks and pull lumber to fill the required board footage requested, but we don't. If we do not have wood that we feel will be satisfactory, we will not ship it, period. The figured woods that do not meet our standard, will be placed in sales area for our local customers to pick through at much reduced prices. I never want to hear that a customer is unhappy with the quality of wood that they receive from us. We want long term business relationships with any and all of our customers, whether they are purchasing one board or 100. The Internet is a big place and word spreads quickly enough if you do something wrong or even remotely dishonest. The price of the lumber is important, to be sure. We always strive to provide consistent high quality woods with a high degree of figure to our customers. Our reputation is based upon provide quality lumber at fair prices, which I feel that we have done over the past two years and will continue to do so, for those that seek value for their dollar. Are we perfect? Far from it, but if there is ever an issue we will work to make it right with the customer.

All the best,

Michael Mastin Curly Woods McKinney, Texas

Reply to
Curly Woods