Sawdust on Clothes

We used to have a nice old washing machine, that used *LOTS* of water. It had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day in the workshop.

SHMBO wanted a tumble dryer, so obediantly I purchaased a new washer dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass cuttings, brick dust and the like.

Is this normal or have a brought a dud ? How do I clean my DIY clothes, short of brining the old washer back, and using eBay for the new one ?

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

had absolutly no problems getting the sawdust out of my clothes after a day in the workshop.

dryer, that uses "only the water it needs". Well it gets the normal clothes clean, but to tottaly useless at removing sawdust, grass

using eBay for the new one ?

Try vacuuming them before putting them in the washer. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

eBay for the new one ?

Start the clothes on the wool cycle - that uses lots of water -- and wait until there's plenty in the drum. Turn off the washer, move to whatever cycle you'd usually use, and continue. Works on mine.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

In message , Paul Mc Cann writes

It certainly worked on the twin towers - I've not heard one single Septic complaining about the amount of sawdust around lower Manhattan

Reply to
geoff

OooHhhhh !!!! :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

I guess if you'd lost a relative in that situation you might not be making fun of it.

From what I saw on TV footage there was an incredible amount of dust blown around that area of New York when the buildings collapsed.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

This week's edition of Science has a report on the toxicology of the dust and the volatiles.

Seems that you needed to have either been enveloped by that dust cloud or a rescue worker to have a reasonable chance of debility from all the stuff floating around. However for those at risk, many still have respiratory complaints.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Cool, new toy time .........

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Thanks, I will issue SHMBO new instructions ......

using eBay for the new one ?

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Possibly not, but I doubt it

Reply to
geoff

using eBay for the new one ?

Our Miele has an intensive button for such purposes. Works a treat!

Steve

Reply to
Oldskoolskater