Subject Author Posted Replies

painting Birch plywood
I have some Birch plywood pieces that are going to be painted. I want a professional finished surface, something you would see in a furniture store perhaps. Do I prime first, and then paint? Do I sand...
3
3

desk top
I'm building a built-in office unit which is L shape. The computer workstation will be in the corner (I'll have to build a corner piece). I would like to know first what kinds of materials make good...
12
12

Who's making their own Blades?
The title says it all, who here is making their own molding blades? What machine or techniques are you using. Also while investigating sanding molding I've found guys that use a flap sanders and...
2
2

To make trim or not to make trim
I am adding the finishing touches to a liquor cabinet. I am putting on diagonal pieces of trim to cover the plywood. The cabinet is about 4 ft tall and opens to be 8 ft wide. To be honest, I am just...
2
2

Ryobi Laminate Trimmer - suggestions?
So I've been desperately trying to find a router that will fit my hands. I have irritatingly small hands and most routers are too big for me to get any decent control out of (I tend to avoid power...
8
8

Re: Is It A Good Time To Buy A Larger Shop...Maybe Or Maybe Not..
The future is hard to see. But, the last couple real estate downturns lasted at least three years. My guess is this one will take that long as well, we're about one year in. Now, if you can guess the...
16
16

SW Missouri Hardwood Dealers
We recently spent 3+ weeks near Cassville Mo helping our son finish out his new home. In the process I located some of the many hardwood dealers and small mill in the area. Prices would make it...

INSPIRATION - Pig Box
's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax Beautiful Vietnamese Art. Wide selection of handpicked Vietnamese embroidery, lacquer paintings, ceramic paintings, laquered plates and...

Shooting stick - modern type!
When shooting game birds, the Brit Aristos used a 'shooting stick' to rest their bums. This was a device like a walking stick that had a split / hinged handle at the top. The handle opened out flat to...
4
4

Fine Woodworking Design Book - Disney Cradle
In one of the Fine Woodworking Design books there was a cradle with some marquetry-style Disney cartoon characters inlaid into the sides. I think it was design book #4 but I don't have access to any...
1
1

any feedback on the HF tools?
Life is too short to buy and use cheap tools! Why not look into a quality plane that will give you a lifetime of satisfaction? Dave
42
42

estimation Software
Does anyone know of any software for estimating the quantity and sizes of lumber I'll need?
20
20

Norton 3X Sandpaper
Has anyone else used Norton's 3X sandpaper? I've just recently started using this stuff, and WOW! I was pretty skeptical about the "works 3 times faster, lasts 3 times longer" claim, but I'm...
5
5

doors
Hi All, a mate of mine has been looking for plans for making doors, does any body here know where I can get my hands on any? (solid and with glass wooden door plans) Eddie
3
3

Question about laminating 3 pieces of 1/4" birch plywood
I'm making a book case for my daughter and she wants a curved top. I have made a form over which to do the bending but I am having a problem with the 1/4" plywood splitting. I can not use 3/4" plywood...
26
26