Subject Author Posted Replies

A gloat at Sears?!?!
I am just learning to turn, and thought a slow 8" grinder would be nice to sharpen gouges. Sears has one on sale for $100. As much as I love my RAS it is a lousy miter saw; but I don't have room for a...
83
83

Help Making Miter Sled
I want to make a miter sled similar to Incra's where you slip a miter gauge into a miter track on the sled. To do this, I need to attach a runner to a sheet of plywood. No problem since it doesn't...
7
7

Radial Arm Saw adjustment question - was Wisdom needed
I've started over from scratch setting up my table with the manual in hand. All goes fine until I try to check column-to-column support adjustment. With the arm indexed at 0 degrees and locked, the...
3
3

What happened to Roy Underhill?
I used to look forward to watching both "New Yankee Workshop" with Norm and the "Woodrights Shop" with Roy Underhill on the local Public TV station on Saturday mornings. We still get the New Yannkee...
8
8

How to cut a board diagonally
I have a garage with two small "steps" made of concrete. They interfere with my material handling tasks (moving dollies and carts to/from garage). So, I would like to have a board such as 2x12, cut...
21
21

new yankee workshop
got wood?
6
6

Joining Dowel
I have to manufacture some poles out of broomsticks. I want to use broomsticks as they are cheap, but they are not long enough. they would be strong enough if they were doweled together or screwed...
6
6

How do I align my table saw blade parallel to my miter slot?
Align the blade to the slot. Most fences are attached to the table. When making the second adjustment you propose (aligning the slot) the fence will no longer be in alignment. Also, the fence is not a...
16
16

wanted: Ryobi AP1300 dust chute
I was gifted with a Ryobi AP1300 Planer. The planer does not have the dust chute. I am looking to acquire the dust chute for this. I did not find it on Ryobi's site or Ebay. Thanks
1
1

big cabinet door sag - prevention
I am finishing a double door tool cabinet/pegboard. Each door is made of hickory frame with 3/4 plywood panel, roughly 3" deep. Overall dimensions for each door is 33" x 26" x 3" - so they weight a...
5
5

Good uses for door hinges?
At a garage sale this past summer I bought a box (40 of them) of what I would say are barn door hinges. I bought four solid core doors at another garage sale that day and I used the hinges and the...
2
2

Need help on the second half of this cut - 4x8 fibercore
Well, I'm working in a woodshop and surprisingly...I enjoy it. But I'm having problems making cuts on full 3/4 inch 4x8 fibercore or mdf sheets. I am using a good saw with a sufficient outfeed table...
8
8

The neighborhood lights will dim when you turn this on.
I run a tennoner of similar specs. Surprisingly it only pulls 40 Amps. As all motors are started in series the startup draw in minimal.
6
6

leg tapering
> Can someone offer some advice on using a jig to cut tapers on legs on a > table saw. I made a jig I saw in a book but the damn wood being cut for the > leg just moves all over the place and binds in...
14
14

Jack and smoother...
Hello ! I just received the LV bevel up low angle jack plane It my first high quality plane am very impressed with the resulting surfaces (smooth glass finish) and the reliable control of the planes...
3
3