Shooting stick - modern type!

When shooting game birds, the Brit Aristos used a 'shooting stick' to rest their bums. This was a device like a walking stick that had a split / hinged handle at the top. The handle opened out flat to support a wide leather belt that joined the two halves of the handle - and form a seat. The bottom of the 'shooting stick' had a spike to stick in the ground and a collar above the spike to prevent it going too far into the ground.

Why this preamble? My missus needs a device like a 'shooting stick', but for urban use! Something to park her rear end on when waiting long periods, or listening to the tour guide in ?..

I'd like to make her a 'shooting stick' / ultra light bum support, from wood [ and leather, or?] that can be broken into two pieces for packing into a suitcase.

Any ideas or guidance please?. John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Reply to
jhewitt

A few variations on a tripod stool idea:

could either make something similar, or buy something like this - aluminum and nylon are certainly lighter than wood and leather, though not nearly as classy, of course. Andy

Reply to
Andy

Something like these?

Chris Friesen

buy a shooting stick (eBay) and put a rubber tip on it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I'll forego the usual jokes made on your choice of words here...

Seriously, though, Thomas Jefferson made a walking stick/cane that converted into a small 3 legged stool. I believe I saw a plan for it in one of John Nelson's books.

Reply to
lwasserm