Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: The English Language
"60% off George Foreman" is a headline which greeted me this morning. I wonder if George knows that he is being sold so cheaply, or that there is a Shylock cut of him available? It joins the "Car...
3
3

Error message on my MC250
Hi, we inherited this MC 250 when we moved in and I basically worked out how it operated. Now though, it's showing error 1. It is also 3/4 full of water where it hasn't before. I've emptied the tank...
3
3

SF6 is the new CO2 threat!
to be 23,500 times more warming than carbon dioxide (CO2). It's the most powerful greenhouse gas you've never heard of, and levels in the atmosphere are soaring.
9
9

solder
I need to solder a patch onto a rusty diesel tank, previously I used 60/40 tin lead solder but this is not readily available locally will a lead free plumber's solder still wet fluxed steel? AJH
23
23

Photopolymer - what is it?
We have come across a can of something labelled as 'Skytone Photyopolmer', which is made in Korea. I assume it is the translation of a Photopolymer. There is no other information with the can, other...
5
5

rocker cover
What the hell do the yanks mean when they talk about a rocker cover ? Definitely not what I understand it to mean, a cover for the cam shaft rockers
12
12

Unused legs in a central heating system?
Apologies for the rather cryptic title... I am in the middle of creating an open-plan kitchen/lounge/dining area and cannot with certainty decide where best to put the radiators. Indeed, I can...
15
15

Detached house chimney problem
It looks to me like the chimneys are the wrong way round on this house 't they normally be front and back above the end wall, not inside and outside? Owain
3
3

Expanding foam to fill holes in wood
I have car port which was put up when the house was built in 1968 and uses rafters that are bolted to my house and my neighbours. There is one corner that is not bolted to my house or my neighbours...
5
5

What groups across Usenet are still well-used for their intended purpose?
I?m doing some research for an article and would appreciate any pointers towards groups that are still, in 2019, well-trafficked and on-topic. For example, What groups across Big 8, uk.*, and other...
20
20

OT: Has no one told them parliaments closed?
is what democracy is all about, you made your choice, now stick with it. One wonders if Cummings will close parliament if the next election isn't going his way too? ROTFWL Democracy didn't run very...

OT: It just doesn't get better than this :-)
DIY is a wonderful thing when practiced by 58% of the people. It's what food banks were created for :-) AB IN recent weeks, the speed with which the Brexiters’ veil has been slipping off, revealing...

Nitrile Foam Gloves and Neon Testers
I always wear nitrile foam gloves for electrical work. It makes me feel safer and gives me extra grip as I get older and weaker. Yesterday, my son tackled me and said that the foam conducts. And he...
9
9

Land Value Tax
Should Corbyn set it at a rate designed merely to redistribute wealth or should a more progressive level of taxation be applied to the robber baron class? hoardings, coupled with the introduction of...
44
44

Floor boxes
Anyone use a floor box such as: <>at home? We're gonna be getting our office redone at some point so am thinking of having a box similar to the above in the middle of the floor to provide volts and...
10
10