Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Mystery object
Spotted this on a walk yesterday. Apart from the obvious, any ideas what it is for? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never...
29
29

Re: Nicola
and? “Ducks in a row? Don’t even start me” #janeygodleyvoiceover catch me on tour Janeygodley.com

Strange sand casts
Have recently seen many small curved objects on the beach. They appear to be just sand - pick one up and it breaks up into nothing but sand. Therefore, I rather assume they are some sort of cast....
16
16

Freeview loft aerial?
Whilst playing with a multi-tuner networked recorder solution I've come across all the muxes, frequencies and power levels from Crystal Palace and am not sure if our loft mounted aerial is ok or not?...
30
30

What is.....
"Peeler"
2
2

What is this device?
Can you identify this device? It's affixed to the shed in my neighbour's garden. Camera? Light? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them...
60
60

Wall Coping
Garden wall only has soldier brick course along the top and some (neighbours walls) are showing signs of spalling and staining (1988 build) Any suggestions as to what to use to cap the wall?
10
10

Lightning, laptops and monitors ...
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 17:38:05 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" wrote: Seconded. I have had (and helped others who have had) telephone line connected kit taken out. I had two fairly decent answering...
29
29

Weird photo behaviour by samsung A10 on three network
'Er indoors has a relatively new (5 months) phone which has developed a habit of randomly blanking out thumbnail images from photos she has taken. Plus infrequently it will shift the divide between...

TOT Marketing emails
On 25 Jun 2020 at 10:50:49 BST, The Natural Philosopher wrote: Yeah, but they can do that detection as you open the email. Anyway: 1) A Mark I eyeball (or equivalent) will tell you whether it's spam...
36
36

Looking for tips on refitting glazing to externally beaded uPVC Window
Hi All at last, I have had good success with a 'must get round to it' project... now seeking help with the next steps. We have a uPVC Kitchen window which wouldn't open - I thought the rods had got...
8
8

thank you covid
and the BBC, for showing me how much verbal diarrhoea there is in this country!
3
3

Re: ot drones are back
Who knows what he is wibbling on about, the heat has obviously got to his brain, such as it is. Of course Ham radio folk all have drones to help them get wires over big trees, normally using fishing...
3
3

Paint removal
I dropped a tin of paint this afternoon. Fortunately this occurred outside. The paint is oil-based primer (red oxide). The surface is some sort of concrete. How am I supposed to remove this? 1. B&Q...
7
7

Re: usb C
No. The old micro USB connector would invariably be inserted the wrong way round and destroy the socket. That doesn't happen with the 'C' variety. However they do seem to have chunkier cables to cope...
2
2