LED lamps

I was shopping on Amazon and E-Bay for some G9 LEDs.

Reading the reviews and I was shocked and amused that someone had posted a review slating the supplier as the bulb had melted in their oven!

Reply to
JohnP

I didn't know there were G9 bulbs of any sort for ovens?

All the bulbs I;ve bought for ovens over the years have been SES fittings....

Was this for a gas, electric convection or microwave oven?

Reply to
SH

SH snipped-for-privacy@spam.com wrote in news:s53sps$nsl$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

I was also surprised, There was an accompanying photo of the molten remains.

Reply to
JohnP

What? What a wally, are you sure it was not an April fool left over? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

As far as I know that fitting relies a lot on plastic mouldings so I'd guess it was not in fact that style of bulb at all. The one in my microwave is an as type of conventional filament design I think. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Our Bosch Oven takes high temp rated tungsten G4 lamps. I suppose one

*could* fit an LED variant if one was sufficently inclined to do so. Doubt it would end well :)
Reply to
Lee

Just think of all the energy you'll save ;-)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Theo <theom+ snipped-for-privacy@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in news:F4q* snipped-for-privacy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk:

Proper oven lamps hav special glass and solder. An LED uses plastic and circuit boards.

Reply to
JohnP