Subject Author Posted Replies

Following on from YouTube DIYers
Cracking tale of 17 year old lad who's making money as a blacksmith after posting clips online. Stories like this give me hope for the future. Ben Perkins tells BBC News how he became an online...
15
15

sewage canal
Ship Radar - Live ship tracker online. Find ship on marine radar map. AIS tracker.

PING: Jim
Jim, what happened to Burt, Jim, when he checked up on Paul, Jim? Thanks, Jim.

LED downlighter repair
I have a flickering LED downlight in the kitchen. It's not the PSU, I've run it from a bench supply and it still flickers. It has a three position switch to change the colour temperature and the LED...
10
10

RCDs and EICRs
I seem to be getting a lot of RCD failures when the RCD does not trip with the test button of with the RCD tester. But after manually turning the RCD off and back on it works within spec. So give...
39
39

Light fitting not earthed ok?
Hi All, Went to fit a new light fitting earlier and despite it being made of metal, there is nowhere to connect the earth wire to. The wiring connector only had 2 connectors and no earth tab anywhere...
14
14

Resin to glue wooden gatepost to concrete one
I've been asked to replace a wooden gatepost (95mm) that is placed directly next to a concrete post. The wooden post supports quite a heavy wooden gate and has broken at the bottom where it rotted....
9
9

Soundproofing ventilation duct
I am doing the finishing touches to our kitchen and have framed around the ceiling extractor and the duct leading from it to outside. in operation the extractor is quite noisy with a damper just...
2
2

2-pin u-shaped UV fluorescent tubes
HI Folks I use one of those cheapie 'Gel Nail' UV light-boxes for setting UV resin glue. They consist of four 9W uv bulbs in an enclosure, with a control/timer board. (same device as shown in the Big...
1
1

De-soldering copper pipe
As part of my insane quest to overcomplicate my CH system I need to remove a 22mm right angled soldered fitting to fit a compression one instead. To complicate matters there?s another soldered fitting...
31
31

Car battery.
Need a new one for the old Rover. Mainly my fault as it hasn't been used much this last year due to Covid. And has been left to go nearly flat a few times. Most places you go to supply via the reg...
54
54

Tips for removing window beadings
Hi all, I have some (fairly modern/recent) wooden windows that are in good condition, except the double-glazed units need replacing. Easy enough job on plastic, but with wood not so much. They are not...
4
4

Ever Given - DIYers ideas ?
Huge rocket to push it straight ? Some sort of jet rig ?
139
139

Improving loft space
I want to use my bungalow's loft space for storage. The problem is the miltitude of struts. For the benefit of those unfamiliar with the terminology: The bits that run horizontally across the building...
18
18

Car bodywork
A few months ago I tried to darken my rear lights with a spray and tried to protect the paint around the light using duct tape (soon found out this was a bad idea). After removing the tape I noticed...
1
1