name change

Hermes changing name to Evri....is it really because every bugger calls them herpes ? ...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I think it's because they lose nearly Evri delivery :-)

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

good point well made

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Not EVERY. I know Hermes get a very bad press but I have never had any problems with them, mind you I do have a straightforward address, live in the outskirts of a big city (Edinburgh :Scotland,) and have a delivery centre three~four miles away (drivers have local knowledge?).

Our main door faces onto the street so no hedge for stuff to get tossed over and have set up a "please use the greenhouse if no-one in" system.

Reply to
soup

I had an excellent example of why I don't use Herpes.

Friday: got an email saying they couldn't deliver to my work address because they couldn't find it. They supplied a photo of a road I didn't recognise.

The company can be found on Google maps, as can the address, both within yards of the office door.

Our local centre is also a few miles away. There was a good driver for a few years but he left for more money. It's now a different driver every day.

Likewise!

Of course the supplier used PackLink, so Herpes wiped their hand of any responsibility.

Reply to
Fredxx

Just wondering how you ensure things you buy online don't come via Hermes?

I've used them a lot for sending things. As they have a convenient parcel locker. And they've been faultless.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

As it's a German company they are hardly likely to be aware of the daft names that Brits invent.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Not exclusive to Hermes though. Parcelforce refused to deliver a parcel because it was addressed to 'Top Floor Right' [with a number and street] instead of 'Flat 3/2' and therefore was not correctly addressed. When I complained I was told that it was not the job of the postman to guess where top right might be.

Reply to
Scott