Subject Author Posted Replies

OTish. Recommendations for oil boiler makes please
Looks like the end is nigh for my old Myson oil boiler, unless I can find a replacement burner unit. It's 25 years old so I guess it's about time. I want an outside 15 - 20 kW boiler, to free up...
9 years ago 8

Flooring - Does anybody remember
Does anybody remember a flooring system that was sold by B&Q years ago. It was a sort of ceramic tile / laminate floor hybrid. It comprised of a ceramic tile fixed to a wooden back board, these back...
9 years ago

Light bulbs
Without wanting to re-open old debates, does anyone know where I can get good quality, branded 40W pearl GLS incandescent light bulbs? As supplies dwindle, eBay sellers now seem only to be punting out...
9 years ago 27

Plastic angle stuff for bath/worktop edges - name? where to buy?
I thought this would be easy but it's not. I want some lengths of what is essentially plastic angle but specifically for use as beading along the edge of a worktop as the wall is so out of striaght...
9 years ago 3

Owners Manual for A1 RF8012
------------------------------------- Just want to say... ****** ***** *************** * ** * ** * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ****** * ****** * *************** * ****** * ****** *...
9 years ago 2

OT'ish Rotating House.
For anyone interested in a proper project. mark In message on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:05:21 -0000 I'd wait for the house to stop spinning ... And take more water with it next time ... :) Around which...
9 years ago 19

"Unsnibbible" lock?
Is there such a think as a yale type lock that *can't* be "snibbed" or otherwise secured from the inside to prevent access? It's for an elderly lady who needs social services support but who sometimes...
9 years ago 35

Re: OTish. Peak oil.
harry ( ) wibbled on Thursday 10 February 2011 07:32: Oil isn't much of a problem rearding electricity generation, but on that note we should not be burning gas for the same like it's going out of...
9 years ago 95

OT possibly--question about researching solar panels
We are thinking about getting solar photovoltaic panels to run off the feed-in tariff. Our roof is south-facing and not shaded, so that's all right. And it's big enough for almost 4 kw's worth of...
9 years ago 26

lousy fences......
council houses aren't exactly renowned for sturdy walls separating back gardens sure enough, the ranch-style thingy on one side blew down in the recent gale so, I suppose it's joint responsibility...
9 years ago 32

Electrical problem with gas CH
Good evening all, I have a bit of an electrical problem with my very old conventional, fully pumped, vented, gas CH system. Woke up this morning to no electricity in the house. Check CU and find main...
9 years ago 8

Intermediate pan connector
Hi, Got a new close coupled toilet for our en-suite (), and a pan connector from screwfix: , to get the pan connector to fit the pan and the soil pipe (horizontal), the cistern will be about 1.5" from...
9 years ago 2

Loft Hatch
My 1820's build house has a rediculous sized loft opening of 60x30cm. V. difficult to use. I want to install a loft ladder which need far more space than this. I could make a decent sized hatch but...
9 years ago 13

What the ****? (OTish)
While browsing ebay, as you do. I came across these I thought to myself, "what the **** would you use these for?" How would you remove anything that was stuck to them? in fact unless you are built...
9 years ago 30

OTish: A partially painted wall.
Not actually my question, posted for a friend: "Some of you will know that I'm still mid-decorating my Victorian semi. But something has me extremely puzzled.... Why on earth does somebody seem to...
9 years ago 5