Subject Author Posted Replies

Moving!
No, Desmond is very useful indeed.
94

Philips Kala Cordless Phone
Any ideas - I have returned from holiday and have found that this rather old phone seems to have died in some way. Battery indicates fully charged Trying to get it connected - it just gives a single...
10
10

Need to make a a cheap external rendered wall (for looks only - not loadbearing)
Hi all, I need to make a an external rendered wall, purely for aesthetic purposes. It is not load-bearing but needs to be cheap and fairly long-lasting (say 20 years or so). What material could I use?...
5
5

Well discovered under Plymouth living room
The wife doesn't look impressed... A Plymouth man discovers a well which he believes could be up to 30ft deep beneath the living room floor of his house.
13
13

Lining paper - centre on chimney breast or not?
Hopefully a simple question... Chimney breast is 139cm wide and normally I centre the first strip when using 50cm wallpaper. I'm not really convinced this looks right, but it's easier with wrapping...
15
15

OT Performing rights...
My woodworking tenant is being harassed by someone attempting to extract money on behalf of performing rights for his daring to listen to a portable radio in his workshop! Anyone come across this?...
52
52

Internet Explorer and flash
Every time I try to run a report in IE I get the message:- "Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version." When I hit the 'correct version'...
3
3

Kitchen corner table support leg
My daughter wants a small worktop added into a corner of her kitchen - breakfast bar type thing, 120 x 45 cms. Where do I get a single leg to support the outer corner ? Thanks Rob
11
11

controlloing " power sockets " via internet
I should really ask this question via but its just full of spam so though i would ask here in case any anyone has came across such a product Essentially i want to remotely turn off and on particular...
32
32

Retaining wall
I am currently landscaping my garden and I am looking to build a retaining wall between mine and my neighbours garden. My neighbours house is raised higher than mine. The position of my neighbours...
3
3

Anyone got any use for an Ideal Mexico II RS?
Before I ebay its gas valve and weigh in the rest, any takers? Just uninstalled the old beast. Still in working order... age unknown, but probably late 80's early 90s. Was the propane model originally...
18
18

Karndean flooring maintenance
We've recently had Karndead flooring installed in the hallway, porch and dining area. It came with a kit that contains a protector, strong cleaner and routine cleaner. Apparently this is all you...
5
5

For those that hate sports.
The Paralymics are now starting:-) Now watch the real winners.
19
19

Guttering advice please
Existing guttering is called Aquaflow, I need to make some modifications before it rains again :-) Are guttering accessories more or less interchangeable or will I be better seeking out an Aquaflow...
4
4

UPVC Glazing Wedge Gaskets
The beading around my mothers windows keeps coming out. It does seem to be somewhat too long when you push it back in. Have done a lot of googling to see how to fix this. From what I have found these...
3
3