Re: OT TV news - have I gone mad?

Just another day in this crazy world. I've never heard of this Justin

> character, so i think the whole thing has been engineered for publicity.

Even I've heard of him - and mainly listen to R4.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

  London SW

He is an attention seeker. He's got your attention so it worked.

Reply to
harry

Be interesting to know of any 'pop idol' like him who isn't an attention seeker. It sort of goes with the job description.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've heard of him, enough to know I don't want to hear him.

But I'm glad this Korea thing didn't happen until my father had died. He's one of the reasons there was ceasefire first time around.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

And would you mind me asking what your father did?

Reply to
ARW

And you can hear a lot more tomorrow. Feel free to treat this like shipping forecasts. Some people go rushing to the coast when there is "bad" weather to see the waves, to surf, whatever. Others stay in bad all day and avoid like the plague.

Radio 4: Profile

Tomorrow (i.e. Monday 10th March 2013) 17:40 BBC Radio 4

Justin Bieber

Duration: 13 minutes

First broadcast: Saturday 09 March 2013

Justin Bieber, the 19-year-old Canadian pop star, is an internet phenomenon with 35 million Twitter followers. His first hit is the most-watched video in YouTube history.

He has upset fans on his UK tour by keeping them waiting before taking the stage, prompting some to suggest that the pressure of such extraordinary fame, experienced at such a young age, is beginning to show.

Although Justin Bieber came to fame as a musical prodigy, who found his audience through the internet, these days his power as a global brand overshadows his reputation as an artist.

Business is playing a growing part in his activities as he branches into venture capitalism by buying stakes in tech start-ups like Spotify.

polygonum

I wish the BBC would check their facts from time to time. It was the most-watched video in YouTube history until PSY's Gangnam Style overtook it. And how did I know that? The BBC reported it.

If you haven't died from boredom so far...

and

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

No, no ... you're meant to be promoting Harlem shake videos by now.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sorry Nick, I didn't even read that crap... :-)

But likely you are right. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

No, no! I heard The Now Show this weekend and I know that once Radio 4 listeners know what's going on, it's over.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Fleet Air Arm, RAN. Mostly ground attack.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

You can rely on Auntie to be bang up to date with the latest trends, Main cause of death in old people: sheer bloody boredom

Reply to
stuart noble

Much more interesting than being an electrician. Ta.

Reply to
ARW

The guy with two heads was Zaphod Beeblebrox. He said "If there's anything around here more important than my ego, I want it caught and shot now!"

Reply to
ARW