Subject Author Posted Replies

Bathroom lighting
New bathroom with new ceiling. I want to put in 4 spotlights but instead of flush with ceiling Halogen GU10s I want the LED equivalent. I can find plenty of LED 'bulbs' online (at greatly varying...
1
1

Sorting out scrap copper and brass
about to sort out the stuff recovered from the CH and H&C - lots of pipe and fittings plus radiators etc. The above article is very useful, in that it recommends sorting into 3 piles copper brazing...
12
12

Door frame falling away from wall
Hi, for a while now there has been a progressively increasing gap between my front door frame/porch and the wall behind it. This gap visibly widens whenever the door is closed with any force. A friend...
3
3

Haan FS20 Steam Cleaning Floor Mop
anybody expereince of these steam cleaners (for sealed cork floor thats grotty) ? Good make? ""Haan's FS20 steam cleaning floor sanitizer enables you to easily clean and sanitize any sealed hard...
2
2

Current switch follow up ...
I posted some findings from additional tests and safety checks down in John's original thread (New wiki article: Current activated switch) but it just occurred to me that that thread is now getting a...

A guide to Circuit Breakers
am sure some readers will enjoy it http://www.beama.org.uk/download.cfm/docid/6BCA1329-8A17-4C89-B86A629F18D74BB8I
1
1

BT Versatility problem
I originally posted this on but have had no response so far so thought I would try here. I have a BT versatility at home which has been working fine for 5 years or more. It has x2 black analogue...
2
2

plywood at BnQ
FFS "Temperate Hardwood Ply (L)2440 x (W)1220 x (T)18mm Only =A362.98" only?=20 time for a fine blade & a saw guide for me circular methinks, only googled = cos of their cutting service... Jim K
1
1

Tiling/Cladding a Single Return Bay window wall
I posted a few weeks ago about my external rendering between an upper and l= ower single-return (i.e. there is a side window on one side only). The mesh= reinforcing the render was beyond rust and the...

Fan dimmer
I have purchased a 1 Gang Dimmer 2 Way Push On/Off 400w ~ style I am using it, so far successfully, to control a fan. I am aware that this dimmer is mainly used for mains voltage tungsten lighting. In...
22
22

Apprentices smoking in vans
In Scotland, a person in control of the premises (which includes vehicles used primarily for business purposes) knowingly permitting smoking is liable to receiving a Fixed Penalty Notice of =A3200 or...
36
36

Can anyone guess what this is holding up:-)?
chimney breast has been ground floor to 1st floor ceiling height. It's only holding this lot up 's right. It's the hearth AND the toilet. The whole lot rocked when you sat down for a dump. And of...
10
10

Car door lock problem (Rover 25)
I've recently acquired a Rover 25 (yr 2000). It has a door lock problem. I find I can't get my key past the little flap inside the slot on most occasions. The same fault is found on both doors, but it...
38
38

Sink basket drain plug thingummy
The original one had broken, so a replacement has been bought. The original had just the one ribbed soft sealing ring, the replacement had two, but no instruction for assembly. One of the rings has a...
1
1

Freezer - internal vacuum
We have just swapped a found to be too small vertical freezer with a relative, for a slightly larger one. When the door closes, it seems to produce (in addition to the magnetic seal) a bit of a vacuum...
28
28