Subject Author Posted Replies

M3 clinch nuts in NW London?
I'm looking for a bag of M3 clinch nuts, like ... is in this situation I'm not keen to build a whole order up to a minimum order quantity for free delivery, or pay more than £5 for delivery and then...
9 years ago 5

Bodging a leaking diesel tank
I've got a 1000 litre diesel storage tank in a barn which is connected to a system of hoses. The hoses are connected to the tank via some 1/2" BSP connectors a bit like these think this kind of...
9 years ago 11

Bosch PMF10e Problem
HI all I previously posted about a problem with this... strted to need tapping on the side for it to start, eventually wouldnt start.. out of warranty so I decided to take it aprt and have a look....
9 years ago 2

Disinfectants for washing machine
Hi folks I need to use a disinfectant in a washing machine, but don't know what to pick. Many plastic tub machines arent bleach compatible, and I dont know if that's the case with this one or not. Its...
9 years ago 7

Neff Dishwasher not pumping out
Our integrated dishwasher has packed up. It did not pump out. I have checked that the impeller on the pump is free to rotate, but resetting the machine and restarting it does not produce the normal...
9 years ago 2

O T:- I have lost my hard drive
I have been building a computer up from parts donated. I have put in an 80Gb hard drive which is split into 2 x 40Gb (or thereabouts). I used fdisk on another machine to create the 2 sections. The...
9 years ago 33

change from oil to Gas combi or stored water
I am thinking of changing from a warmflow bluebird oil boiler to gas but don't know whether to go for a combi gas boiler or stay with my current setup of stored hot and cold water. We had a water cut...
9 years ago 23

cost of lawn cutting
Trying to get an approx cost to get a lawn cut (scotland) Front approx 10 x 15 feet, back 20 x 20 feet I think thats about 61 sq meters I tried googling, plenty companies but no prices advertised....
9 years ago 27

recycling bricks....
is it a good idea? chip mortar off old bricks then use them to build a low soil-retaining wall in the back garden? -- In article , "Gill Smith" writes: Depends what condition the bricks are in, how...
9 years ago 20

Round section wood
Looking to find some 4" diameter wood .... something reasonably hard, but does not have to be oak ... a dense softwood would do. But very open grain softwood no good. Will be used as a roller, so has...
9 years ago 38

Brick wall specification
A friend is looking to get a garden wall built. It will be brick, 2m high, about 5m long. It will join a larger garden brick wall at one end, and the other end will just come to a stop (meets flimsy...
9 years ago 8

Idiots guide to ripping & playing DVDs
Evenin' all, I recently bought a couple of Alba dvd DS 5711 DVD Players, but unfortunately I can't find a Multi Region hack to allow me to play a couple of region 1 DVDs. Someone on here suggested...
9 years ago 16

unruly coons
I gots lots of coons and they be unruly. What can I do? In article , Shove 'em in the crawl space. shoot em and make fur hats out of the skins. The stripey effect is fashionable. Don't vote for one?
9 years ago 3

Post foundation near drain
I will be bolting a wooden gate post to an inverted T-piece of galvanised steel, itself bolted via M12 stainless studwork to a lump of concrete. The post top is braced in all directions - to a house...
9 years ago 13

reaplacing door seal for Siemens washing machine.
Hi, anyone know how easy it is to replace the rubber door seal on a Siemens SiwaMAT Xli 1240 washing machine. I've had a look online for some guidance but haven't been able to find much Cheers Chris...
9 years ago 1