Daft safety messages number 243

"Remove from phoneline before opening battery compartment".

Even if 50V was dangerous (which it isn't), if 50V got from the phoneline into the battery compartment, I think a shock would be the least of your problems.

Reply to
Major Scott

ever heard of lighting strikes?

Reply to
charles

If someone happens to call you whilst you have your fingers in it then it'll be more like 150V. Also, they can't guarantee that there won't be surges on the line into thousands of volts. It's a looong time since I designed phone-line connected kit but ISTR anything touchable needed at least 3KV of isolation from the line.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

into the battery compartment, I think a shock would be the least of your p roblems.

The lowest voltage someone was killed was 40 volts.

Reply to
harry

into the battery compartment, I think a shock would be the least of your problems.