OT What are these lines for?

The ones in front of the Mini.

Reply to
ARW

Aren't they give way lines? Give way to traffic coming around the corner.

Reply to
Andrew May

Give way to other traffic at the junction.

Reply to
Howard Neil

It's a new EU regulation: Councils now have to provide separate traffic lanes for Pogo Stick riders

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

According to the highway code they mean "Give way to traffic on major road"

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

So both you and Andrew know the answer. A pity that the woman that drove straight across them today into the van the apprentice was driving did not:-(

That's one apprentice that is now very impressed with me, and to be fair he was pretty good with the use of his mobile phone in work time - he has the internet on his phone he searched ASKMID when I told him what to look for.

He was amazed at how I caught her arm when she tried to slap me - I have fast reactions and experience on that one.

She had no insurance and no license and her car was towed away by the police (and it's also suspected stolen - the tax disc had a different number plate).

Reply to
ARW

Good lad. Was that a citizen's arrest?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Why am I not surprised? Had she perhaps been drinking or on drugs as well?

Your problem is now claiming off insurance. Your own insurance company will know what to do. There is a fund to cover such accidents but it makes it a little more tricky.

Reply to
Howard Neil

No. The apprentice did an ASKMID and called the police. He did this whilst still shook up from the accident. I was three cars in front of him and when I got back there she was having a go at him!

She did not like me:-) - I was ruder and more foul mouthed than she was.

Reply to
ARW

ISTR it does not pay up if you have fully comprehensive insurance:-(

Reply to
ARW

That is not always the case. Perhaps it may in damage only accidents. Your own insurance company will advise.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Dats my boy!! ;>))

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Would you consider getting one of these DashCam units now? If your van is on the road for any job, etc, it could be helpful in an even of an accident then (or even just another one at that junction...).

Just curious.

Reply to
pastedavid

I have considered installing one for a while.

Reply to
ARW

Yes they are, but the Mini is on the wrong side of the road.

Reply to
Bob H

Oops didn't realise it was a dual carriageway till I had another look, so the Mini is not on the wrong side.

Reply to
Bob H

I suspect it's an urban one way street merging onto a major road.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

"Fold here" :-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

The Road Hawk ones that have GPS are useful as they can log where the apprentices have been driving the van (and what speed they were doing where).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Actually I know where that junction is as I am not too far away from Wakey.

Reply to
Bob H