OT What are these lines for?

Sounds perfect for plod to seize following an alleged offence stop, I'll pass.

Any encryption option?

Reply to
fred

They go with the Give Way sign on the post on the centre island.

There's also the remainder of a Give Way triangle just visible under the mini and clearly so in the lane to the Mini's left.

Reply to
John Williamson

If you aren't committing offences, why worry? It could help clear the matter up quickly and easily.

Prosecution for failing to hand over encryption keys probably more serious than for a traffic offence.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It's one way.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Use the viewpoint a little way down the street and you'll see it's a two way street with an island in the junction, carrying a post with a yellow backed Give Way sign, which denotes a known hazardous junction.

Reply to
John Williamson

OMG, did you just say, or at least imply, "nothing to hide, nothing to fear".

Video not playing? Must be broken.

Reply to
fred

OMG I almost might have done.

However,

- your choice to drive a vehicle

- your choice to have a camera

- unless the police have the right to seize the camera, your choice to make it available

- if they don't know you've got it, your choice to tell them it exists

However, your comment has reminded me to buy some tinfoil as I need to line the bottom of the oven after cleaning it the other day,

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, I just zoomed out at that point. What I meant was: on that side of the island, it's one way....

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think that the fact that dashboard cameras are so popular in Russia says a lot about the benefits as compared to the potential drawbacks.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

ARW :

They're overdue for repainting.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

I would have thought all you gentlemen would have been aware of that new ru le that all traffic entering a main road has right of way. This coupled wit h the 'Magic Indicator' act, which gives the user of the indicator the righ t to make whatever moves he wants once having turned on his indicator, have made thing much easier for the lazy, ill educated, cretinous drivers we ha ve on the roads. today

Reply to
fred

That's what the delete key is for.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

This is particularly so on motorways. Indeed this rule confers an obligation on such a driver entering the motorway from a slip road that if a driver already on the motorway does not cede priority, then the newly entered driver must attempt to force the other off the road (by, f'rinstance, cutting them up).

Reply to
Tim Streater

It will be compulsary to have one soon. Together with a tacho as per HGV.

Reply to
harry

rule that all traffic entering a main road has right of way. This coupled w ith the 'Magic Indicator' act, which gives the user of the indicator the ri ght to make whatever moves he wants once having turned on his indicator, ha ve made thing much easier for the lazy, ill educated, cretinous drivers we have on the roads. today

Like the French "priorite a droit"? Or gauche in our case?

Reply to
harry

It's a funny/stupid junction when you look around and the lines are faded on the road.

Give way signs are clear enough though.

Reply to
harry

Is that why they also give scamera signs a yellow surround, because they are a known hazard?

Reply to
The Other Mike

The best of luck. My daughter was run into on a roundabout by a lad, who just drove off. There were witnesses, addresses duly taken. The police found the driver and the car, but took no action. Felt sorry for the lad as he panicked, he then denied it. On being pressed by my daughter the witnesses said they had not actually seen the accident only heard it! So my daughter has lost her no claims bonus and the lad escaped responsibility. When she asked the police if his car was damaged they said because of the privacy laws they were unable to tell her, and would not pursue as they had more important work to do!

Reply to
Broadback

Which normally only marks the file as deleted or removes it from the file system "index". The data is still there in the storage medium...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Drives me mad as well. It's not difficult to match your speed and simply join the flow of traffic but the number of wazocks that simply indicate and join at 40 mph yards in front of you doing when you are doing 60 mph is just unbelievable. They then have the termerity to get most upset when given the benefit of a long blast on the the horn and main beam.

This is also matched by the drivers in lane one that swap to lane two every time they approach a joining slip road, even if there is nothing coming down the slip road and there is traffic going faster than them in lane two.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice