OT What are these lines for?

Absolutely, there was a time when fail to stops following a collision reached epidemic proportions and fierce penalties were introduced and enforced to stamp it out. It looks like priorities have changed but I'd be pursuing it hard with the police and raising a civil claim against the driver.

I've only had one situation where I needed the name and address of a driver from the police following a collision and they were happy to give me the info as I was an involved party. Again things may have changed but if they had I'd be raising a claim against 'driver of car XXNNYYY' and requesting disclosure of the keeper's details or I'd request them from DVLA.

Reply to
fred

Irish or Scouse

Reply to
The Other Mike

Also used on some motorways in the UK. Seen one on the M6 some time ago but can't recall where. The road heading east out of Sheffield to the M1 also has them.

Reply to
The Other Mike

That very much depends on what you are driving, the length of the sliproad, the incline of the slip road, the bend of the slip road and the volume of traffic on the motorway.

Reply to
ARW

It would not just be for situations of conflict - it could be for comedy.

I would loved to have a video of the pillock last year that pulled out of a side road in an iced up car causing me to brake sharply. 200m down the road he drove straight into a bollard that he could not see through the frosted windscreen.

I am driving over 30000s mile a year and I do see some sights. The naked bloke on that ran across the M60, the minibus with drunken women on a hen night pulling mooneys (I followed that one for quite a while). I'd stick them on YouTube.

Reply to
ARW

:-)

Well she was a pikey.

And this apprentice learns well. When we replaced the lights at a hospital and got finished at midnight he said he was going to go home and make some supper. I pointed out that there was a canteen on the next floor and I could buy him dinner (I was also hungry and he had no money) and I would still have change left over as we had not clocked off. He made more than me in that last hour - but I did not mind as he had worked well that night.

Reply to
ARW

My car does 0-60 in something around 18 seconds, it can be fun getting to

60 on some slips, that's what the hard shoulder is for... Even so it's simple enough to adjust your speed to drop in behind some one that you aren't going to catch up with. Most cars are not as sluggish as mine, if people got their toe down on the slip road they can be at 60 mph with ease.

Most junctions in the UK are fairly well designed and take into account up/down/bends. Though there are some that aren't and are down right dangerous. There is one in the centre of Leeds that springs to mind that I avoid no matter what I'm driving.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

that's not a car. that's a pram.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

B-)

Don't care it keeps me out of trouble and will happily go up a snow covered greater than 1:5 hill (two chevrons on the OS map) without so much as a batting an eyelid or waking up the traction control.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I once caught up with a car that was towing a small van. As I pulled out to overtake I saw the towing car's indicator, and slammed my brakes on so he didn't turn right into me.

It was a while before I could get to see the other one...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , The Other Mike writes

Several junctions M6

Reply to
bert

15 Northbound on M6 is a bit tight and short. Best to move over and give them room if you're going through
Reply to
bert

That is my southern limit so only ever joining... the long left hand up hill curve leading to the final straight bit of slip does limit ones speed some what. It can be interesting joining there.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice