Humax TV fault

Have a Humax LU23-TD2 - a 24" LCD with analogue and DTTV tuners. The DTTV side has failed - just a blank screen. No reaction when you try changing channels - and if you do a scan, it runs through the analogue side, then stops when it swaps to the digital tuner.

It's in the kitchen, and not a total disaster as I have a feed to it from my PVR in another room - so can still use it, but it would be nice to sort it.

I'm not familiar with modern TVs - any chance it uses a separate part of the power supply to feed this tuner, and that has failed?

I'm rather gutted - it was expensive for a set that size, only about 5 years old, and not heavily used. About a couple of hours a day if that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Open it and look for bulging or leaking electrolytics. Good chance you'll find one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Quick Google suggests you are not the only one...

AFAICT it's a single 5v supply. Might not be the tuner of course, it's only supplying differential baseband IF, the problem could be in the next chip along...

It looks like its using a td1318af/ihp-3 tuner (pic of main board here

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Good call, do the basic stuff first ;)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Oh dear a brain surgery job then.

Probably killed by a surge or maybe just overheated. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff