iPlayer no longer works on some Humax PVRs

I don't use iPlayer that often but a couple of days ago I noticed that it fails on my HD FOX T2. Seems there is a problem with ?all Humax PVRs because various Humax forums have similar messages though people with the 4000 and 5000 say the problem has been fixed. The BBC says there is a problem and they are working wih Humax to fix it.

Does anyone else have an HD FOXT2, or a HDR FOXT2 and still have the problem ?.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I might bite the bullet and upgrade to the new Humax Aura, which looks quite interesting (rather than getting a smart TV which doesn't stay smart for very long).

Andrew

We have the HDR Fox T2. Frankly, it?s always been pants as a ?smart? device for streaming content. Currently iPlayer isn?t working and an alert about YouTube giving up the ghost shortly. I amazed that anyone has the patience to use it for streaming.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

We have one too. If all else fails we switch to the 'smart' TV just for this. We need it for All4 anyway.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Is this the removal of Flash though? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

But have you tried the iPlayer on your HDR FOX recently ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Dunno. Could be.

To be honest, it is so agonisingly slow at navigating to what you want to stream, I have been researching potential replacements for some time.

The Twitter app was removed a few years ago, and Youtube vanished in the last couple of years. Something to do with 'lack of authentication', wherever that means. Some people have installed a 3rd party software package on their HDR FOX T2s, but these have dual tuners and an onboard hard disk. I have the single tuner, diskless version and I don't think the 3rd party software can be installed on it.

The new Humax Aura looks interesting because it claims to stream 'HD' audio from a local server. Hopefully this means it will stream FLAC which the current Humax PVrs cannot do. They only understand (and see) MP3 files on my PC.

Another route (for me) is to get an AV amp that has more funtionality and makes it easier to connect other devices. At the moment I have an HD FOX T2 PVR with its single tuner, an external 2.5 inch 350Gig disk for recording and a 32 inch IPS monitor as a screen device. The monitor only has one HDMI port.

Researching AV amps is a pain. There are too many to choose from.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

iPlayer was failing recently on our Humax whatsit but it's OK now. So it's been fixed.

Reply to
Tim Streater