BBC iPlayer

I know there are some smart people here. I wonder if among them there is someone who could tell me why I get "Precondition failed" when I try to play something on the iPlayer. All the preamble works up to the point where 'play' would come in. It's a LG tele, I have restored factory settings, checked for software updates(none) and done all I could so far. LG use "Netcast" (their own unsupported gizmo), the other items within Netcast all function as required. It's just the iPlayer.

Cheers

Reply to
Jeweller

I know there are some smart people here. I wonder if among them there is someone who could tell me why I get "Precondition failed" when I try to play something on the iPlayer. All the preamble works up to the point where 'play' would come in. It's a LG tele, I have restored factory settings, checked for software updates(none) and done all I could so far. LG use "Netcast" (their own unsupported gizmo), the other items within Netcast all function as required. It's just the iPlayer.

Cheers

Reply to
Jeweller

There's a discussion of this in uk.tech.digital-tv, seems Beeb is aware.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yet another reason not to buy LG Everyone I know with LG has been really unhappy with them when things go wrong, LG customer service seems to be 'buy a new one'

Reply to
Rick Hughes

most of the sets - certainly my samsung - update their firmware over the net periodically.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher