iPlayer on LG TV

I have a 3 year old LG Smart TV which has an iPlayer app built in.

All works fine, and it's the most convenient way to watch iPlayer (out of the 6 different ways I have).

However, over the last few weeks, I have noticed that it no longer keeps any history of what's been watched. Nor favourites. Seems to lose it when the TV is put on standby.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this ?

Curious as to whether it's something the BBC have done (as I notice they keep asking me if I have a licence now), or some update from LG ?

(x-posted to d-i-y as there's loads of techheads there too)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

The smart TVs here have always asked if you have a TV licence sometimes. Never really saw the point of that since most would just lie if they didn't.

My newest TV has the ability to simply go backwards on the EPG to find the prog you want on i-player and others - which is by far and away the easiest for me. Although may not give you everything that's on there.

I didn't realise any of them kept a memory of what you has watched - although did notice on one occasion it could pick up where you stopped a playback.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Same here (which is the more irritating loss) ...

Drifting slightly OT, the TiVo I have (not for much longer) introduced a feature for saved programs where you can "delete the saved programme and replace with a link to on-demand". Presumably to save space.

I wonder how many naive TiVo-ers have done that, to then discover the "on demand link" has expired, or is no longer available ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Reply to
Chris Green

Just an update that after advice from LG I did a factory reset, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

In a demonstration of first world problems, I was worried about the "hassle" of reacquiring my YouTube/Amazon accounts on the "Smart" part. Turns out it's just a case of getting a code and entering it into the website ... or vice versa.

Reply to
Jethro_uk