Humax T1000

Have one of these PVRs. The BT one, supplied as part of a package some years ago.

It's throwing up an error message about not being able to connect to the net. Everything else working normally. LAN connection is cable, and works to a laptop, using the same lead.

Says it last checked for software and Apps updates on the 12th of this month, so was working then as Apps updates are via the net. But I'm not sure if it did a software update then - which might be the source of the problem?

Manual configure shows all the correct LAN settings - the ones it last used for auto. LEDs at the connection showing normal too.

I don't much use it online as the TV does everything it does anyway. But the error message annoys.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hmm, new PVR time possibly. Seems like an update is screwing up these older boxes.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Did find that by Googling, but it is a year old. Mine was on auto software update, so assume has the latest - I remember the GUI changing somewhat some time ago. 'Tiles', I think it was called. But this failing to connect to the net is very recent.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why don't you pretend we are the help desk? What would they say? So, once you have switched all the kit off including the router, waited 10 minutes, and turned it on again, there's apparently a 95% chance it will all work again for long enough to get you off the phone.

Reply to
GB

Had another quick look. The BT router reports it as present and on line. But the Humax keeps telling me to plug the cable in. ;-) Good trick it being online with no cable and not Wi-Fi capable.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)