Humax HDR-Fox T2 question

I have recently acquired one of these, and note that on the front LHS of the box is a window described as 'status display' in the product overview in the manual, p.5. This display is in red, and is extremely dim, only just visible in a darkened room, and certainly not visible in daylight. Is there any way of setting it to a higher brightness? I've looked through the manual but don't immediately see a reference to it. Plenty on the TV screen display, but nothing about the status display AFAICS. Likewise the on-screen menus and settings.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Somewhere in here you should find the answer, I think.

I strongly recommend installing the Customised Firmware, it makes the unit so much more flexible.

Davey

+1

And check out

as an extra to the customised firmware.

They transform the box.

Unfortunately not. A pity as it is a proper dot matrix display rather than 7 segment or starburst. It's also a pity that the programme name is shown in a rather odd combination of truncation and scrolling.

I've heard that the display is, in fact, a white VFD behind an orange filter. Some people remove the filter, but, then, it might be rather too bright.

Reply to
Max Demian

Ah, that's useful to know. If the filter can be removed, I could perhaps replace it with a less dense one if having no filter is too bright. I'm sure I could rustle up a bit of coloured plastic film from somewhere. Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I forgot to say earlier to have a look at the customised firmware's Redring package. The brightness can be altered in there.

Unfortunately, even if set at 100% brightness in thew redring package, it's still too dim!

Reply to
Bob Eager

The redring and the display are different things.

Reply to
Davey

True, but the redring package allows the display brightness to be altered too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Increased significantly?

Reply to
Max Demian

As I said in an earlier post, not enough for me!

Reply to
Bob Eager

A little searching brought up instructions and Youtube video on how to remove the filter.

or
I'll give it a go.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Redring includes an option to alter the display brightness.

True. But it doesn't seem to do anything useful.

Reply to
Davey