Humax HDR-Fox T2 question

I have recently acquired one of these, and note that on the front LHS of the box is a window described as 'status display' in the product overview in the manual, p.5. This display is in red, and is extremely dim, only just visible in a darkened room, and certainly not visible in daylight. Is there any way of setting it to a higher brightness? I've looked through the manual but don't immediately see a reference to it. Plenty on the TV screen display, but nothing about the status display AFAICS. Likewise the on-screen menus and settings.
--

Chris

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 09:47:37 +0100

Somewhere in here you should find the answer, I think.
I strongly recommend installing the Customised Firmware, it makes the unit so much more flexible.
https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/hdr-fox-t2-freeview-recorder.13/
--
Davey.

On 15/08/2018 11:04, Davey wrote:

+1
And check out https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling_Portal as an extra to the customised firmware.
They transform the box.

On 15/08/2018 09:47, Chris Hogg wrote:

Unfortunately not. A pity as it is a proper dot matrix display rather than 7 segment or starburst. It's also a pity that the programme name is shown in a rather odd combination of truncation and scrolling.
I've heard that the display is, in fact, a white VFD behind an orange filter. Some people remove the filter, but, then, it might be rather too bright.
--
Max Demian

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 20:15:27 +0100, Max Demian

Ah, that's useful to know. If the filter can be removed, I could perhaps replace it with a less dense one if having no filter is too bright. I'm sure I could rustle up a bit of coloured plastic film from somewhere. Thanks.
--

Chris

On 15/08/2018 21:52, Chris Hogg wrote:

I forgot to say earlier to have a look at the customised firmware's Redring package. The brightness can be altered in there.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:02:06 +0100, F wrote:

Unfortunately, even if set at 100% brightness in thew redring package, it's still too dim!
On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:02:06 +0100

The redring and the display are different things.
--
Davey.

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 00:27:51 +0100, Davey wrote:

True, but the redring package allows the display brightness to be altered too.
On 17/08/2018 09:37, Bob Eager wrote:

Increased significantly?
--
Max Demian

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 10:59:21 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

As I said in an earlier post, not enough for me!

A little searching brought up instructions and Youtube video on how to remove the filter. https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/how-to-remove-orange-filter.2753/ or https://tinyurl.com/y6v666tn I'll give it a go.
--

Chris

On 17/08/2018 00:27, Davey wrote:

Redring includes an option to alter the display brightness.

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 13:31:39 +0100

True. But it doesn't seem to do anything useful.
--
Davey.