Subject Author Posted Replies

White foam board single 8x4ft sheet - source?
Does anyone know of a source for single 8x4ft sheets of white foam board? All the suppliers I've found will only sell boxes of a dozen or thirteen. Presumably this is to avoid (or minimise) any...
7
7

Painting outside of house
Outside of house is rendered and previously painted. The paint has flaked off in various places leaving some quite large usightly patched. Is there anything I can use to fill these areas (given they...
6
6

Enabling iPad roaming via text
New 3G iPad on orange needs data roaming for imminent trip. Easiest way on orange appears to be texting[1] but I don't think texting is available on the iPad. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to...
1
1

Unvented DHW wiki
Since it has been mentioned a few times recently, I have updated and expanded John Stumbles' original wiki entry on unvented cylinders to include some more detail etc: etc welcome as usual.
19
19

kitchen fluorescents - back to the drawing board
I am trying to wire up some fluorescent tubes in an "exposed" manner (not i= n a "luminaire") above some kitchen units. After my experience with the int= erference caused by Philips HF dimmable...
10
10

Coming to a government near you..
38
38

Ethernet cables
Where do you buy yours? I especially want the ones with boots over the plugs to stop the retaining clips from catching on things and breaking off.
32
32

Gap between houses?
Does this 4" gap make any sense at all? Surely moisture will gt in and it will be impossible to repair?
27
27

FCU on storage heaters
Been meaning to ask this here for a while: why would storage heaters be con= nected via a 13A FCU? All round the house. Each storage heater is on it's own 2.5mm2 radial back= to 15A fuses in the...
7
7

New Tv Show - Know A Bloke Who Needs To Man Up?
Shine TV are looking for couples to take part in a ?real holiday? TV show? with a difference. Do you know a couple where the man is useless about the house, hopeless at DIY or completely lacking any...
15
15

domestic vacuum cleaners
Which is the best one? I don't mind if it's a bit more expensive than normal. Bill
32
32

OT - do you think he is a bit upset?
man's revenge. Entertaining reading! Cheers Dave R http://www.corrinasjewellerybox.com/One
4
4

Decent cheap LED torches?
I know it's slightly off topic, but I'd appreciate any suggestions for LED torches (flashlights) that don't cost an arm and a leg, e.g. for doing DIY jobs in dark corners or walking along paths at...
60
60

Shower pumps, does more expensive = quieter?
I currently have a Danfoss shower pump which I installed about 2 years ago to replace the failing previous model. Not sure what the model is but it cost about £110. As with the previous pump...
6
6

Baxi Solo Fault Help
Baxi Solo 3 PF has intermittent fault in that it starts and runs for a short period but will shut down and then immediatly start up again. When running the "boiler on" "fan on" "pilot on" "burner on"...
4
4