Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - do you think he is a bit upset?
man's revenge. Entertaining reading! Cheers Dave R http://www.corrinasjewellerybox.com/One
4

Decent cheap LED torches?
I know it's slightly off topic, but I'd appreciate any suggestions for LED torches (flashlights) that don't cost an arm and a leg, e.g. for doing DIY jobs in dark corners or walking along paths at...
60
60

Shower pumps, does more expensive = quieter?
I currently have a Danfoss shower pump which I installed about 2 years ago to replace the failing previous model. Not sure what the model is but it cost about £110. As with the previous pump...
6
6

Baxi Solo Fault Help
Baxi Solo 3 PF has intermittent fault in that it starts and runs for a short period but will shut down and then immediatly start up again. When running the "boiler on" "fan on" "pilot on" "burner on"...
4
4

O.T. Underground coal gasification
Few licences have been granted in U.K., puff piece about in on eof the papers business pages, The Coal Authority and Enviroment agency seem to be happy clappy about the idea: friendly sounding Clean...
12
12

Anyone used a Dustbuddy with a box sinker?
I usually hold the vacuum nozzle behind the box sinker (toothed kind rather than rotary Armeg) when sinking holes but I was wondering if this gadget offered any improvement in efficiency when...
5
5

double glazing with a hole for a fan?
Do they still do dg units with holes through? The Fans/vents etc are still about. hole through needs to be 162mm diam. Had a bit of a goggle but online quote machines don't offer anything more than...
10
10

Wiki: Are rechargeables worth it?
Not quite - just pointing out that the calculation based on the number of charges can be misleading if you never get to charge the battery that number of times. Simply, if you buy a new device and get...
50
50

Please help me identify this thread size
I have a heating oil tank which is filled up by connecting to a threaded male inlet at the top. I need a new lockable cap for it. The thread is parallel-sided (i.e. not tapered) I assumed that the...
16
16

OT:Why shops continue to die ...
None of the schools finish as early at 14:30. The infants at 15:00, juniors at 15:10 and the secondaries 15:35 IIRC. Dunno about the private schools.
88
88

Replacing hot water cylinder, any point in going from open/vented to pressurised?
Currently, I have a "standard" open vented hot water cylinder in and airing cupboard with a cold water tank in the roof. Imminent boiler replacement may mean the renewal of my existing hot water...
20
20

rechargeable batteries: are they worth it?
Hi, Before Christmas I bought lots of toys that needed batteries. I waited and waited for Lidl to do an offer on rechargeables but could not wait forever so I bought a pack of 40 alkaline AAs from CPC...
32
32

Aldi multi-tool reduced
Just stumbled across the multi-tool in the reduced bin at £19.99. There were three, I got one just before another guy (we are talking tenths of a second) and he dug a second one out with my help. As...
2
2

fitting a new kitchen
Hi, Our kitchen is looking old and tired. I've visited "the sheds" to look at their displays but it is hard to get a price without the hassle of booking an appointment to sit down with one of their...
25
25

Fire retarding material
Mother in Law has bought a cooker for her kitchen. It is gas operated and the installers refused to install it as the wall behind was varnished wood and was regarded as a fire risk. If a formica type...
9
9